S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: As a Web Operations Lead, you will provide the technical support for revenue-generating applications. Using your deep knowledge of infrastructure and application performance, you will lead the implementation, stability, maintenance and capacity of the application, keeping end-users in focus.
The Location: Charlottesville or Richmond, VA or Centennial, CO
The Team: Web Operations caters to the technology and application delivery and operations for the S&P Global Market Intelligence Product Suite including Capital IQ Platform, Content Collections and XpressFeed to name a few. We provide continuous delivery expertise for product and related infrastructure while striving to ensure full availability of the platform.
The Impact: Do you love working on projects that impact end-users every single day and serves as the foundation for our dedication to providing clients with data that delivers results.
What’s in it for you:
- Build a career with a global company
- Build and improve your skills by working with new technologies
- Get in at the start of our shift into cloud-based structure and DevOps culture
- Profile, analyze, and resolve both frontend and backend web applications and services
- Provide senior-level Production, Pre-Production, and Test support for a global Microsoft .NET environment that relies on IIS and SQL Server
- Partner with development and operations teams to improve application performance and scalability
- Develop and record standard methodologies for system design, capacity management, and integration of new applications
- Actively design and develop system and application monitoring strategies
- Champion the support of business critical outages, clear the path to resolution, and lead the steps for prevention
- Lead project meetings and be accountable for technical direction of the environments supported
- Be a technical leader and mentor teammates
- Participate in the on-call rotation in support of our 24x7 QA and Production environments
What We’re Looking For:
- Creative thinker who can investigate multiple paths in the hunt for root cause of an urgent issue
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Strong analytical skills
- 8+ years Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012 64-bit
- 8+ years IIS, ASP.NET Support
- 2+ years of proven PowerShell experience
- Windows Performance Monitor (Perfmon)
- Application Performance Monitoring (AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Extrahop, Gomez, etc)
- SQL Server skills a plus
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 certifications a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.