S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: As a Data Researcher in Financial Content, your main task would be to extract, scrutinize and standardize the essential data relevant to the industry of Global Banks, which is then provided to our clients in the form of a formulated end product for S&P Global.
The Location: This position is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
The Team: We are a truly global firm! With presence in United States, Pakistan and India, you, along with your counterparts will be providing high quality, accurate, and timely content to our customers which is critical for their decision-making.
The Impact: Content teams are the operational backbone of our company and are pivotal to its success. Financial Content is one of the most important data-sets across all domains because of which we have the highest number of hits for it.
What’s in it for you: Our company prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and results faced meritocracy. We set high standards and value accountability for all. At the same time, we seek to identify and reward extraordinary performance with growth opportunities. Based on planned growth & initiatives, you have an opportunity to emerge to more specialized roles and act as a resource for the team.
- Your main responsibility will be to collect essential intelligence and data tracked by the Financial Content department.
- At a time, you will be monitoring and handling News Feedback ensuring all client feedback is responded to appropriately, entering and resolving all external error cases, as well as writing abstracts for regulatory filings like 8-Ks, registration statements, and non-timely filing notices.
- Reviewing feedback on abstracts/tasks to minimize errors and help establish refined procedures and processes to improve accuracy falls under your job description as well. Keeping up-to-date in the knowledge of content sets and building industry knowledge is vital for career growth.
- Responding to queries and requests from various client departments to collect data in a timely manner, updating maintaining and running reports to generate useful audits for your department and providing input and ideas for new collection methods and product improvements related to the covered data all fall under your responsibilities.
- Lastly, troubleshooting problems or issues and providing substantial feedback to co-workers and building. Also, maintaining relationships with contacts from other departments to actively track information on the covered content sets can take you far in this role.
Working Shift: This is a rotational shift job. You should be flexible working in all three shifts (morning, evening & night).
What We’re Looking For: In order to succeed, the individual should have:
- In-depth understanding of financial concepts in all domains such as financial ratios, mergers & acquisitions, dividends, spin-offs, hedging, derivatives, financial documents/statements and financial reporting standards (IFRS & GAAP) etc.
- Good research and analytical skills
- Articulate and fluent communication
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Overall a positive work attitude
- BBA & MBA Finance, BS and MS A&F, ACCA Affiliates, and/or relevant experience required.
- 0 to 2 years of working experience preferred.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.