S&P Global Platts
The Role: Commercial Manager
The Location: New York, NY
The Team: Strategic North America
Increase revenue and manage relationship with key Platts customers globally. Provide solutions that improve our customer operations and insights.
What’s in it for you:
When you work at Platts, the world’s leading energy information provider, you get the best of a small company and a Fortune 500 corporation. With more than 900 employees in more than 15 offices spanning five continents, Platts has a highly diverse workforce, a global perspective, and a “business casual” culture. As a subsidiary of S&P Global, Platts offers employees a competitive compensation program, a comprehensive benefits package, and a broad spectrum of professional development opportunities. As an employee of S&P Global Platts, you can be sure of joining a fast-paced, global business and playing a role in helping to bring transparency and efficiency to the world’s energy markets.
Responsible for creating commercial strategies and driving solution based commercial conversations with key customers in the Americas region. Drives growth of Platts products and services by developing and enhancing relationships with executives and decision makers at key accounts and driving increased value and customer satisfaction. Responsible for creating strategic commercial and market plans to ultimately implement large, complex, multi-year commercial agreements.
What we’re looking for:
Experience managing global, regional or complex accounts, preferably in commodity or oil & gas, energy, power, proven sales track record, strong knowledge in oil & gas, energy market, and/or commodities
- Degree with minimum 3 years of successful sales experience managing major or complex accounts, preferably in commodity or financial information provider role
- Consultative sales and negotiation skills experience, possess high integrity and is proficient to all phases of selling cycle from need creation, proposal preparation, negotiation to deal closure
- Excellent communication and presentation (verbal and written) skills, adds value to the relationship by distilling, summarizing, interpreting and communicating information to facilitate its usefulness
- Proven leadership in managing multi-national global and/or strategic accounts, multi-cultural awareness and regional experience is preferred
- Very strong planning and organization skills, able to prioritize
- Competent with systems (Oracle, CRM, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Travel required
• Degree and/ or other business discipline/ training
• Strong planning an organization skills
• Oracle, CRM, Work, Excel and PowerPoint
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.