S&P Global Corporate
The Role: Director, India Payroll
The Location: Hyderabad
The Team: The team is responsible for the monthly and annual payroll operations supporting about 6,000 employees in India. There are two processing locations – Hyderabad and Gurgaon. Working with a third party payroll provider, they are focused on delivering an accurate and timely payroll every month.
The Impact: This role will contribute to the business by bringing a strategic view of payroll operations and managing the major projects scheduled for the region. This position will guide the projects and do it in a collaborative manner by engaging their team and other HR teams.
What’s in it for you:
- Professional growth thru managing projects impacting all employees
- Chance to work with payroll and HR teams to find and implement operational efficiencies
- Lead a team of professionals with the common goal to continuously improve the payroll operations
- Provide strategic planning and project execution for payroll operations.
- Oversees and directs payroll and related operations for India region with an outsourced payroll partner. Implements, directs and manages regional payroll operations, including vendor management, contract and SLA review, outsourcing governance, day-to-day service delivery, issue resolution, and project management.
- Coordinate projects with Global Payroll Manager based in NY
- Supports vendor relationship and retained organization to ensure delivery of end to end payroll solutions in a cost effective manner.
- Effective management of the outsourced vendor with respect to all payroll activities; including processing, India tax requirements/filings, statutory deductions, issue resolution, systems requirements, verifications and controls, and employee support.
- Supports all HR COES (i.e. Benefits, Compensation and Recruiting), Finance and Accounting, Risk, Tax and Audit. Manages data structures to support Insight & Analytics team.
- Ensures compliance and fiduciary oversight of the company's payroll function across the region.
- Implements technology and configuration changes as required (Workday, Interfaces, local vendor changes, leave systems, reporting)
- Oversight of all monthly and yearend related issues and activities for the region to comply with local regulations.
- Applies broad knowledge of payroll, finance, operations, business drivers, related areas and external market to impact business results.
- Identifies and resolves complex problems across functions and takes a new perspective using existing or new solutions.
- Direct operational changes related to acquisitions and divestitures.
- Interacts with HR Business Partners, Site Leaders and Finance leadership across business and region.
- 12+ years of experience with India payroll operations in an outsourced environment.
- Experience managing virtual teams.
- Outstanding communication, collaborative and presentation skills.
About S&P Global:
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.