S&P Global Platts
The Role: The Account Associate is responsible for seeking and building relationships through driving net sales and growth for identified customer accounts and delivering customer value by building and executing a sound account strategy and customer-centric solutions.
The Impact: Contribute to our regional sales/strategy component of account plan and assist to execute the assigned responsibility/activities to execute the account plan
What’s in it for you: Promotes and sells portfolio of products (existing and new) to current and target customers. Provide regional support for global accounts with a small local presence to enhance our overall sales performance and high level of client satisfaction.
Consultative Sales and Negotiations
• Meets and exceeds revenue quota through the management and execution of sales process
• Develops and consultatively sell appropriate product/service solutions, cultivates referrals, generate new opportunities, actively follow up on leads and drive a healthy pipeline
• Generates new contract documents (as well as any other pre-deal administrative support), processes sales orders, and coordinates renewal process with respective Commercial Managers, Business Portfolio Manager and other functions such as Order Admin, Legal, Collections, Client Services, Channel Management and so on
• Growth achieved with full attention to retention of existing clients
Increased Customer Engagement
• Establishes and maintain good relationships with existing and new clients; and optimize revenue prioritizing opportunities and engaging clients proactively
• Works on client proposals and presentations, as well as new product development discussions
Strategy and Planning
• Leverage the knowledge built on clients and input collected by Commercial Managers, Client Development Managers, Director for Client Strategy and key stakeholders from other functions to ensure alignment with client needs and Platts strategy
• Research for Account Planning and related customer/market intelligence
• Assist with account-centric Benchmarking and Geographic Whitespace analysis
• Monthly activity reporting with feedback on client and market developments that are business impacting
• Accurate forecasting
• Regular and transparent plan updates
• Ensures all leads, opportunities, activities, contacts, explicit needs, advances, customer analysis, buying cycle status are accurately and promptly captured in CRM
Establish product development needs
• Actively engages marketing activities such as customer round tables, forums, events, BETA tests and campaigns
• Activity drives back customer feedback for new product incubation and/or existing product enhancement.
What We’re Looking For:
• Degree with minimum 5 years of successful sales experience managing major or complex accounts, preferably in commodity or financial information provider role
• Consultative sales and negotiation skills experience, possess high integrity and a hunter adept at all phases of the selling cycle from need creation, proposal preparation, negotiation to deal closure
• Excellent organization and communication skills both written and verbal. Must utilize strong phone, interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment to engage effectively with clients and other functions.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/tasks while working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. With strong time management skill and results oriented.
• Proven ability to thrive and excel in a fast paced dynamic environment with high performance expectations. Must be able to work independently, take initiative to resolve tasks with a can-do attitude and have a financial analytical mindset
• Proven leadership in managing multi-national global and/or strategic accounts, strong multi-cultural awareness and regional experience is preferred
• Proven success in doing business in Asia
• Strong ability to converse, read and write in a second language i.e. business Asian language such as Japanese or Korean is an added advantage due to the need to communicate with Japanese and Korean clients.
• Highly proficient in systems (Oracle, SalesForce, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to travel around the region occasionally
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.