S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Newswriter, Retail, Manila (Afternoon Shift)
As a News Writer, you will be responsible in gathering news and writing briefs about the companies in the Retail Industry.
The Location: Manila
The Team / The Business: The role will have you working with a global team of News people. You will interact with colleagues in our News Desks in the US, UK, and Hong Kong, as well as colleagues in Pakistan and India.
The Impact: You will be responsible in providing timely news updates for the Retail Industry. You will help the News team provide accurate and timely news to our clients, helping provide them with the essential intelligence they need to make the right business decisions.
What’s in it for you: You will have the opportunity to develop your writing skills, as well as gain industry knowledge in the financial sector. Down the line, high performers may be given the responsibility of writing more and more complex stories and data-driven reports.
- Vets news wires, newspapers, and company websites to gather and monitor information, and news articles about the European Financial industry and the companies being covered.
- Writes news briefs based on newspaper stories, press releases and filings.
- May write other enterprise stories as assigned. Contribute to regular features, aggregating stories based on subject matter.
- Edit basic news stories as necessary
What We’re Looking For:
Ideally, you should have a solid background in writing and have a keen eye for details. You must be able to work well under pressure and with a tight deadline. Knowledge of business news is a plus. We are looking for a good writer with a nose for news, who enjoys learning something new every day about financial industry, and who is looking to develop his/her journalistic skills.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree, Journalism, Economics, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Mass Communications or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of news writing experience.
- Outstanding written communication skills required, including high-level grasp of English language grammar.
- Prior knowledge regarding the industry is preferred but not required.
- Able to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Must have strong interest to pursue business/financial news writing.
- Must be amenable to work in Pasig and during holidays.
- Must be open to work in various shifts
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.