S&P Global Platts
As Chief Technology Officer for the S&P Global Platts division, you will lead the Technology teams to develop essential product solutions for internal and external clients. Working directly with product management, you and your teams will be responsible for all stages of the product lifecycle – from planning to release and continuous enhancements – and the underlying application support. You will collaborate with leaders across the S&P Global Technology organization to define and implement standard practices and scalable solutions spanning the enterprise.
The S&P Global Technology team’s mission is to be a Client-First service organization; providing a best-in-class delivery that allows our clients to harness technology and data for a competitive edge. As CTO, your role will directly impact the achievement of IT objectives underpinning the Global Technology mission.
Opportunity and Responsibilities:
S&P Global Platts is the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the energy and commodity markets. With more than a century of business experience, S&P Global Platts provides the insights that enable its customers to make better-informed trading and business decisions. Customers in more than 150 countries look to S&P Global Platts expertise in news, pricing, and analytics to deliver transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and natural gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture, and shipping.
As the CTO for Platts, you will be charged to:
- Work closely with the business segment to understand customer and market requirements and translate them into products
- Act in full partnership with the product management team in order to formulate product definition and roadmaps
- Establish a performance-driven culture across a global team of around 200 employees
- Oversee the transition to a cloud environment
- Integrate platforms and technologies from recent acquisitions
- Rationalize and consolidate existing applications
- Ensure projects are resourced for success, delivered on time, and in line with budget
- Provide oversight and insight for all stages of product development, ensuring direct revenue growth and alignment with strategy
- Enhance the customer experience and usability of the existing product suite
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Management or Information Technology and 12+ years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s in Management, Information Technology or other relevant degree and 12+ years of relevant experience
- 12+ years of Technology experience; substantial experience in managing IT type P&L structures
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a leadership role
- Strong application development and client facing solution development.
- Proven record of team and functional transformation, including maximizing team productivity and coaching talent development
- Experience working and/or leading in an Agile environment
- Experience with acquisitions; both technical due diligence and integration of technologies
- Proven track record of developing client facing applications with a modern digital user experience including mobility
- Ability to lead geographically disparate organizations
- Extensive management of technology change in complex technology environments
- Must have a broad and deep knowledge across multiple enterprise technology disciplines
- Expert knowledge of business process analysis and redesign
- Execution orientation with strong track record of achieving measurable results
- Excellent project management, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to engage and influence stakeholders on complex issues
- Commodities experience a plus
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.