S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Client Development Associate
The Location: Boston, MA
The Team: Do you thrive in a dynamic environment, where the work changes daily? This role strengthens the organization’s relationship with existing accounts by developing and executing dedicated, creative, and ongoing contact initiatives.
The Impact: Develops the strategy, processes and delivery measurement for service among all functional areas responsible for delivering to the customer. Supports and handles customer relationship, ensures delivery of world-class service to the account, defines account strategy and manages revenue.
What’s in it for you:
- Collaborative work environment, with regular mentoring from peers and leadership
- Unlimited growth potential
- Flexible work environment
- High visibility role, interacting with existing and potential clients daily
- Supports account and relationship management activities with existing clients.
- Tracks market and customer developments and trends. Reviews quarterly client results. Reports findings to Relationship Managers.
- Develops profiles on accounts including all affiliations, geographic presence, and business interests to help develop sales proposals for new business.
- Provide platform and product functionality training and support to clients. Collect client feedback to support product improvements and upgrades.
- Focuses on retaining business by ensuring a high level of client satisfaction.
- Provides monthly account management and sales reports to sales and business management.
What We’re Looking For:
Individuals with a client facing and or sales background looking to join the financial industry in a client interfacing and support role.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in a consultative sales or a front facing role (inside sales, account management, prospecting, sales support, customer support)
- Ability to work towards revenue targets within a business development environment
- Experience in dealing with challenging situations, i.e. overcoming objections
- Shown organization, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Strong listening skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage a senior level audience
- Strong MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills are required, and any knowledge of CRM databases (such as Salesforce.com) would be helpful
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit S&P Global Market Intelligence.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.