S&P Global Platts
The Role:Field Marketing Manager
The Team: Report to the Regional Head of Marketing and work together with other Field Marketing Managers to develop regional/global marketing programs that are fully aligned to campaign objectives by working closely with the Product and Solution Marketing Manager, Program Manager, Content Marketing, Content and sales teams
The Impact: The Field Marketing Manager has responsibility for developing, executing and analyzing tactical marketing programs for his/her regional markets. She/he will be closely aligned with the Platts sales team and is responsible for ensuring that they have the marketing tools necessary to achieve their sales revenue targets.
What’s in it for you: Being the expert on marketing vehicles (channels) and their effectiveness to attract engage and retain key customers of Platts products and services on a regional and/or global scale. She/he has the opportunity to analyze data to provide insight into the financial impacts of marketing activities.
What We’re Looking For: Success in this role relies on the ability to build collaborative relationships at multiple levels internally. A positive, upbeat approach and the ability to manage a number of simultaneous tasks and projects whilst remaining calm and focused are also key factors to successful performance.
Planning - develop and implement tactical regional marketing programs by working closely with product marketing managers, program managers, content marketing and sales and in some cases other stakeholders. This includes:
- Become the expert in identifying the most effective channels, creating targeted and segmented programs and linking programs for full effectiveness in achieving objectives
- Plan and coordinate marketing campaigns to generate leads, retain existing customers, promote industry awareness/benchmarks, help strengthen the Platts brand and shorten the sales cycle. Tactics include online and offline marketing channels such as: direct mail, e-mails, video,, telemarketing, webinars, exhibiting at and or sponsoring conferences, free trials, advertising, social media, etc. .
- Create the regional/global campaign strategy including campaign content and plan.
- Create and maintain campaign briefs that can be shared with key stakeholders summarizing objectives , strategy, key messages, key offers and timing
Execution – develop and manage marketing programs to meet the demand management and marketing goals for your area of responsibility. This includes:
- Launch and manager specific marketing programs following established process, brand standards and standards for quality as expected at Platts. This includes copy writing, project management, negotiations, budget reconciliation, internal communications and making adjustments as necessary.
- Ensure that A/B testing is done when and where appropriate for email campaigns, landing pages, etc.
- Taking specific responsibility for tracking spend by program and work with Product Marketing Managers to ensure programs are completed within budget
- Work with product marketing managers and finance to manage the program marketing budget
- Working with program managers to ensure that the project is done on time and performance measured
- Understand and navigate the CRM tool to understand the progress of a program from a sales perspective. Includes pipeline development, pipeline acceleration, close/won ratios etc.
- Assist product marketing to create customer case studies, collateral , testimonials, proposals and sales presentations to help solve specific customer problems
Analysis - responsible for synthesizing the results data and market insights to inform and guide planning. This includes:
- Responsible for being the expert on marketing channels are most effective for that audience and region
- Responsible for tracking where leads and opportunities from marketing programs are in the sales cycle and capable of understanding and articulating the business results from activities
- Develop an understanding of the factors that customers/prospects consider when making purchasing decisions around our products and incorporating these into the campaign and collateral development strategy.
- Develop an understanding of the triggers that drive behavior and results by tactic.
Communication - Effectively communicate the marketing plans ensuring clear objectives and setting expectations with primary stakeholders. This includes:
- Create an annual marketing plan that demonstrates the programs alignment to the priorities of the business. Clearly indicating marketing’s contribution to the business
- Implementing internal communications that keep key stakeholders up-to-date on individual programs and activities. Attend and actively participate in regular meetings with sales, product marketing and program managers
- Ability to lead planning meetings to establish shared vision for Marketing Programs with key stakeholders, e.g. Sales and Editorial
How this Role is Measured
A. Demand Generation
Measurement of MQLs, Opportunities and associated Closed Won Sales along with associated conversion rates for their campaigns, platts.com SEM, and events.
B. Branding and Thought Leadership
Measurement of Inquiries, conversion rates, downloads, and impressions for the marketing of the thought leadership campaigns and assets.
C. Collateral Usage
Survey local sales force on the use of collateral developed by the FMM.
D. Campaign Development as an ROI
Campaign success will be measured based on a 4 to 1+ ROI figure.
- Strong B to B marketing experience
- Educational Requirements-Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Marketing degree a plus)
- Proven ability to design and implement campaigns involving integrated multi-touch campaigns that involve the marketing of thought leadership assets along with a problem/solution approach.
- Expertise in balancing the desires of the stakeholders with the needs of the Platts business and the specific objectives associated with the marketing programs
- Knowledge of marketing products/services to the energy industry a plus
- Experience in persona-based marketing programs whereby identifying personas and using insights as part of building out a program
- Experience within complex matrix structure often involving global stakeholders in various departments
- Knowledge of marketing subscription-based product lines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and comfortable communicating at many level
- Excellent organization and planning skills with an ability to manage multiple projects, delivering each on time
- Ability to speak and read Mandarin is a plus, in order to manage marketing activities in the China market
- Up to 25% travel required
- Experience of working in a global b2b marketing environment preferred
- Experience in managing marketing vendors
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.