S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Senior Project Manager
The Location: Charlottesville, VA or Richmond, VA
The Team: We are in search of a highly motivated Senior Project Manager who is ready to take their career to the next level in a fast growing company. Do you love leading Technical Projects from a rigorous project management perspective? Do you like working on high-priority company deliverables?
The Impact: As a Senior Project Manager in IT, you will define, scope and manage one or more technical projects of medium to large size and complexity and collaborate with project owners, business customers, Scrum teams and other colleagues to ensure technical and/or business objectives are achieved.
What’s in it for you:
- You will have the opportunity to play the role of Project Manager within a large (and growing) Agile Scrum environment, managing projects across multiple Scrum teams.
- Explore a highly-rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards.
- Build and improve your skills by working with new technologies.
Responsibilities: You should have proven experience managing technology projects; be a master of identifying, tracking, and managing dependencies; be able to work independently and make appropriate decisions; and have the skills necessary to know when to adjust a process to best serve the project needs.
Candidates should have excellent communication skills, and experience collaborating with global teams.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead cross-functional teams/projects that are focused on project delivery of software system.
- Work with Scrum teams to build a release plan and track the progress.
- Deliver projects within the constraints of scope, time and cost to agreed levels of quality, within the organization's project management framework.
- Manage one or more projects of varying scope and timeframe in parallel; projects will have staff based in multiple locations and will typically have multiple dependencies.
- Identify and manage risks to project execution throughout the project delivery
- Identify, track and manage inbound and outbound dependencies.
- Report project status on weekly basis
- Effectively manage and resolve project team conflicts
- Manage stakeholder communication
- Utilize standard procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- 1-3 years of experience as Scrum master in an Agile environment
- Proficient with MS Office applications: Excel, MS Project, Visio, Word and Powerpoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Strongly detail oriented, organized and analytical
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills. Must be able to actively collect and disseminate information from various tools and documents
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) preferred
- Prior experience in Financial Services a plus
- In-depth knowledge of project management and IT processes and strategies.
- Experience managing medium to large projects in an IT Technology department (Applications Development, Infrastructure/Operations, Systems and IT Integration) while working with business partners (Product, Marketing, Sales, Finance, HR and Operations)
Please note: This position is limited to individuals who will not require company sponsorship now or in the future for continued work authorization.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.