The Role: Senior Reporter, Asia Pacific Banking
The Location: Hong Kong
The Team: The Asia Financial Institutions Group news team comprises roughly 20 reporters, editors and writers in Hong Kong, Singapore, India, Pakistan and Manila, covering the latest regional news not only about the banks, but also insurance companies and other financial services. The team is part of the larger Financial Institutions Group spanning the Americas and EMEA.
What’s in it for you: The Asia-Pacific Financial Institutions Group offers opportunities for global collaboration, editorial leadership and advancement as a business journalist within S&P Global Market Intelligence and other S&P Global Inc. divisions -- S&P Global Ratings, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts
In the spirit of continuous learning, the newsroom also offers extensive training and other development support, including a mentorship program.
The Impact: The successful candidate will be based in Hong Kong and play a pivotal role in the development of our Chinese financial institutions news coverage. Responsible for delivering features read by a highly discerning, international business audience to daily and weekly deadlines, the Senior Reporter will draw on a range of sources, including our rich portfolio of proprietary sector data and news gleaned from conferences and other on-the-ground reporting. Reporting directly to the Hong Kong Bureau Chief, the Senior Reporter will also help set the news agenda across the entire financial institutions group, working with and mentoring reporters in Hong Kong as well as London, New York City and other newsroom locations.
- Delivering features read by highly discerning, international business audience
- Draw on a range of sources, including our rich portfolio of proprietary sector data and news gleaned from conference and other on-the-ground reporting
- Set the news agenda across the entire Financial Institutions Group
- Working with and mentoring reporters in multiple locations
What we’re looking for:
- Strong native level English fluency, both written and spoken. (Knowledge of at least one major Asian language is highly desirable, particularly Mandarin or Cantonese.)
- An ability to craft and structure stories in a newswire feature style to tight deadlines.
- Some banking knowledge require with financial journalism experience. (Knowledge of the banking sector, particularly that of mainland China, is desirable.)
- People and management skills to help lead a fast-paced newsroom.