S&P Global Platts
The Role: Service Desk Administrator
The Location: Hyderabad
The Team: To provide Platts Business Partners with initial first line remote helpdesk support for IT issues and requests which occur during business hours in relation to the use of Platts business specific applications. Ensuring that standard operating procedures is followed for all incident and service requests received into the helpdesk function. Proactively monitor applications responding to alerts and providing the business with periodic health check reports..
The Impact: You will be the first line of support for all requests and incidents raised by Platts business partners. You will ensure the business receives a prompt response to any requests and ensure issues are resolved within agree service level agreements.
What’s in it for you: Working in a global application support team supporting users based in three timezones and across 26 offices. Exposure to Service Desk, application support, operations, monitoring and projects in a role where you will interact directly with the business and learn the products and systems required to support the Platts business operations.
- Provide initial first line remote support and triage of incidents and service requests for IT issues which occur during use of Platts applications.
- Log and capture incidents from all sources into ticketing system (ServiceNow) ensuring correct categorization and prioritization of IT issues
- Resolving IT incidents in order to restore service as quickly as possible using known error database. Escalation of tickets to other teams as required
- Responding to service requests, account administration, software installations and general application administration.
- Connecting remotely to business partners computers to resolve issues
- Provide 25 x 5 round the clock support to Platts business partners utilizing shift patterns
- Ensuring 24*5 monitoring of Application Health and logs by automated scripts as well as by various monitoring tools (Nagios). Reacting to alerts, creating tickets and triaging as appropriate.
- Participation in the managing of major incidents via conference call, email and instant messaging systems. Composing and sending major incident notifications to business partners
What We’re Looking For:
- Candidate must be self-sufficient, driven, energetic with passion for technology, provide excellent customer support service, and have patience to work with users with different levels of technical knowledge
- Able to operate under pressure and in time sensitive support environments.
- Well-developed English verbal and written communication skills.
- ITIL qualifications preferred but not essential.
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.