The Role: As a Data Researcher I in Company Hierarchy your main task would be to extract, scrutinize and standardize the essential data significant to the industry of Corporate Structure or Company Hierarchy including parent companies and subsidiaries, stock exchanges, capital markets and regulators, banks and regulatory bodies, which is then provided to our clients in the form of a formulated end product for S&P Global.
The Location: This position is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
The Team: We are a truly global firm! With the presence in Pakistan and India, you, along with your counterparts will be providing high quality, accurate, and timely content to our customers which is essential for their decision-making.
The Impact: Content teams are the operational backbone of our company and are pivotal to its success. Company Hierarchy is one of the important data-sets across all domains.
The Career Opportunity: Our Company prides itself in being an equal opportunity employer and a result faced meritocracy. We set high standards and value accountability for all. At the same time, we seek to identify and reward extraordinary performance with growth opportunities. Based on planned growth & initiatives, you have an opportunity to emerge to more specialized roles and act as a resource for the team.
What your day to day tasks would be:
- Your main responsibility will be to collect essential intelligence and data tracked by the Company Hierarchy department
- At a time, you will be monitoring and handling News Feedback ensuring all client feedback is responded to appropriately, entering and resolving all external error cases, as well as writing abstracts for regulatory filings like 8-Ks, registration statements and non-timely filing notices.
- Reviewing feedback on abstracts/tasks to minimize errors and help establish refined procedures and processes to improve accuracy falls under your job description as well. Keeping up-to-date in knowledge of content sets and building industry knowledge is vital for career growth.
- We expect you to responding to queries and requests from various client departments to collect data in timely manner, update maintain and run reports to generate useful audits for your department and provide input and ideas for new collection methods and product improvements related to the covered data all falls under your responsibilities.
- Lastly, troubleshooting problems or issues and providing substantial feedback to co-workers and building. Also, maintaining relationships with contacts from other departments to actively track information on the covered content sets can take you far in this role
Shift: This is a morning shift job. You should be flexible working in rotational hours.
What's going to make you stand out?
In order to succeed, the individual should have:
- In-depth understanding of corporate structure and its types, parent companies, associate companies and sister companies, banks and insurance companies, capital and money markets with their regulatory bodies etc.
- Good research and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office, Excel in particular
- Articulate and fluent communication
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Overall a positive work attitude
Education Requirements: BBA & MBA, BS and MS, ACCA Affiliates, and/or relevant experience required, with NO studies in progress.
Experience Requirements: 0 to 2 years.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.