The Role: Senior Operations Associate Director. Fixed Term Contract 12 months
Within operational project management & business improvement
The Location: London
The Team: This role sits within the business and is responsible for improving and managing the day-to-day operations of the analytical practices across S&P Global Ratings. The Business Management group does not engage in rating activities. Instead they are responsible for working with the Commercial, Technology, Data and Operations groups, from within the analytical organization, to ensure that business processes and their supporting components: are designed, implemented and managed consistently and to the highest standards. This role reports to the Head of Business Management for the practice.
- At Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services, your opinion is meaningful in credit deliberations from
- We rate $3.5 trillion in new debt annually and investors rely on our independent, informed
- opinions on credit risk.
- Each person who works here has an essential role in Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services
reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence.
What’s in it for you: This is a great chance to work with the leading ratings business in the world, interact with senior stakeholders across EMEA and improve efficiency across the business. With offices in 23 countries, S&P Global Ratings Service is an important part of the world’s financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for 150 years in providing investors with information and independent benchmarks for their investment and financial decisions.
- Actively participates to support senior members of the team in Business Management activities.
- Participates in remediation efforts stemming from internal or external regulatory or audit findings, including the design and implementation of improvements to business processes
- Works closely with In-Business Controls officers in the practice and region to ensure that process changes are implemented with strong, measurable controls
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert representing the regional practice on internal projects related to the implementation and improvement of business processes, technology changes, and data management
- Actively supports the analytical practices at Tier 1 level in identifying, solving and escalating problems
- Manages operational projects to plan and implement process improvements within a regional practice in accordance with lean management principles (Way We Work)
- Identifies opportunities to streamline and standardize processes through attendance at Way We Work Tier 1 and 2 huddles
- Creates Standard Work within the regional practice and promotes its sharing and adoption across other practices and regions
- Manages relationships with the Operations, Data and Technology teams on behalf of the regional practice, with the oversight and support of senior members of Business Management
- Under established guidelines and direct management, analyzes unique, non-routine analytical or business problems in a timely and insightful manner
- Manages and improves the use of metrics within the analytical practices, including coaching analysts on target setting and the use of metrics to achieve objectives
- Works with the SOP group to ensure that SOPs are reviewed on a periodic basis for their effectiveness within the organization, and recommends updates to the SOPs as necessary
- Supports user training on operational changes, including changes to systems and processes
What We’re Looking For: Candidates must have 3 to 5 years of experience either within an analytical practice or within an operational team, and must demonstrate either deep knowledge of one or more analytical areas or broad knowledge of the range of operational processes implemented within Ratings. As this is an Associated role that acts as a liaison between the Analytical and Commercial parts of the organization, candidates must display a heightened awareness of and sensitivity to our regulatory context and the firewalls that exist within Ratings.
- A demonstrated understanding of lean management principles
- A demonstrated ability to analyse and simplify business processes and design effective controls
- An understanding of the metrics necessary to monitor the health of the organization
- Some project management experience is preferred
- The ability to work with sensitivity and awareness across the Commercial and Analytic sides of the organization
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- The ability to work effectively within the practice and the In-Business Controls function to ensure that process and system changes, including those stemming from remediation, are effectively implemented
- The ability to understand the nuances of processes and think clearly about solutions for competing priorities
S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.