S&P Global Ratings, a division of S&P Global, is the world's foremost provider of essential financial market intelligence, including independent credit ratings, indices, risk evaluation, investment research and data.
We are currently recruiting a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our growing and dynamic Global Infrastructure Ratings Practice as a Director/Lead Analyst based in our New York office focused on the U.S. Regulated Electric, Gas and Water Utility sectors.
As a Director/Lead Analyst within the Infrastructure Practice you will be responsible for meeting with issuers and investors on analytical matters, developing leading analytical research and ratings, resolving client needs, and taking a lead role in external meetings and communications related to rated debt issuers. Specifically, in this role, you will:
• Manage a broad portfolio of large utility credits, ensuring a consistently high level of analytic quality; act as Primary Analyst on a selected number of high profile credits
• Review, critique, and provide analytic feedback on analysis and publishing performed by junior analysts
• Oversee the relationship with utility issuers in the portfolio
• Create and leverage effective internal partnerships, especially with other senior analysts in the energy sector and across our Global Infrastructure Practice
• Develop and communicate S&P thought leadership and credit themes via publications, speeches, conference presentations, and media interviews
• Provide analytical training and coaching
• Credibly champion S&P analytic views
The Career Opportunity:
As a Director/Lead Analyst, you are working as part of the high growth Global Infrastructure Ratings group at S&P Global Ratings. As part of team of skilled infrastructure and energy professionals, the Lead Analyst typically maintains analytical responsibility for a portfolio of rated corporate utility, and potentially project finance issuers. These responsibilities include ongoing surveillance and rating recommendations, repeat analytical contact with rated entities’ senior management, and presentation of analytical findings to internal and external constituencies. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on more complex and higher profile issuers in the energy sector, as well as play a key role in investor outreach. Our Directors/Lead Analysts often act as spokespersons and are considered senior analytical leaders in sector teams.
The Team / Business:
The Global Infrastructure Practice was established by S&P Global Ratings to expand our ratings franchise in an area of strong growth and to leverage our significant global infrastructure expertise across the full range of infrastructure asset classes. Analytical team members reside in 16 locations globally and work on a diverse range of transactions applying different ratings criteria, predominantly for corporate and project finance debt issuers. We also work on transactions in partnership with other practices on a regular basis. Effective teamwork and a thoughtful approach to problem solving are highly valued.
• At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters and each person who works here has an essential role in our reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence.
• S&P Global Ratings plays a vital role in bringing transparency and comparability to the financial markets and helps investors and others measure and manage credit risk.
• By supporting capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people to start and grow businesses, cities and states to build highways and hospitals, and manufacturers to build factories and create jobs.
• With offices in 26 countries, rating $47.5 trillion in debt, and with nearly 1,400 credit analysts, S&P Global Ratings is an important part of the world’s financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors and financers the information they need to more easily, quickly and efficiently provide capital to businesses and governments.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Advanced degree or CFA strongly preferred
• 7+ years of experience in financial services or capital markets, preferably in a credit or analytical role;
• Deep analytical skills and capital markets knowledge; energy and infrastructure interests and experience a strong plus;
• Be equipped to ensure that analytical guidelines, quality standards, procedures and policies established are adhered to for all credits;
• Possess the ability to coach and mentor junior analytical staff in a constructive manner;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.