S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Product Support Engineer
The Location: Gurgaon, India
The Team: S&P Global is seeking a Product Support Engineer to join the Technical Client Solutions (TCS) Desktop team in Gurgaon. TCS is a global team of client-facing technologists with wide ranging responsibilities that include client support, product services and infrastructure support. Being a part of TCS would offer you to be an independent contributor in a team that operates with a positive work culture, where the team members are recognized for their work. Awesome team spirit – we meet challenges head-on and work at the solution as one team.
As a Product Support Engineer you will work in a 24/5 environment providing extensive technical support for our Desktop products. The candidate should possess excellent troubleshooting and communication skills with proven analytical mindset and attention to details. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with the Engineering and Product teams, to not only improve upon your technical and product knowledge, but also to participate in helping to improve the quality of S&P Global products. You are a substantial fit for this role if you are sharply focused on helping your clients, an efficient problem solver, and proficient in diving deep and learning quickly to master a wide array of products.
- Be a part of the global product support team focused on implementing innovative client success.
- A career at S&P Global Market Intelligence puts you in a position to be indispensable to institutional investors, investment advisors and wealth managers around the world
- S&P Capital IQ delivers in-depth intelligence across asset classes and capital structures, bringing together key capabilities in research, strategy, evaluation, analysis, data solutions and risk mitigation under one roof.
- Every day, more than 4,200 financial firms turn to us for real-time research, data and analytics on more than 92,000 companies.
- Your innovative thinking will thrive in an agile, energetic and challenging work environment – get a high-tech start-up atmosphere backed by the stability of S&P Global.
What’s in it for you:
- Serve as a technical escalation point for S&P Global products, working directly with international clients to resolve challenging technical issues.
- Analyze patterns of client issues and help to design long-term solutions.
- Contribute to, and maintain, the product support knowledge base.
- Help improve and refine our support processes and tools.
- Identify opportunities to better empower Tier 1 support through training and tools to resolve member issues as quickly as possible.
- Collaborate with other Engineers who may need assistance working a case; utilize your area of expertise to help them in order to most quickly facilitate solutions for the Clients.
- Provide internal support for Skytap, a flexible virtualization platform used to replicate complex client environments.
What We’re Looking For:
- University degree in a technical discipline plus 1-3 years of experience in one of the following roles:
- Level 2 or 3 Technical Support
- Software QA
- Software Engineering
- Product Operations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills – must have.
- Strong knowledge of the Windows OSes and Desktop platform, and working knowledge of the Windows Server platform.
- Software troubleshooting experience, including analysis of log files and stack traces.
- Understanding of computer networking concepts and experience in troubleshooting network connectivity issues.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word applications.
- Practical knowledge in programming or scripting, an added advantage.
- Ability to take Ownership and Independently Lead Projects.
- Willingness to work in on-rotation shifts in order to support our global client-base.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
- Strong Team Player with Excellent people skills, to maintain good relationships at all levels, locally as well as globally.
- Essential Qualifications: University degree in a technical field or equivalent: BSc/BSc(IT)/BCA/B.Tech./B.E./MBA/MCA
- Total work experience: 1-3 years
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.