S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: The Business Intelligence ETL developer will design, develop and deliver strategic data-centric applications demonstrating the firm’s next generation ETL technologies with a solid focus on tools like Informatica etc. These solutions will be architected in alignment with the underlying S&P Global technology infrastructure,
The Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
The Team: Do you love to collaborate & provide solutions? This team comes together across four different locations every single day to serve a large customer base with growing demand and usage. You will use a wide range of technologies and foster a collaborative environment with other internal teams.
The Impact: We focus primarily developing, enhancing and delivering required pieces of information & functionality to external clients in all client facing applications. You will have a highly visible role where even small changes have very wide impact.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunities for innovation and learning new state of the art technologies
- To work in pure agile & scrum methodology
- Opportunity to work on the technologies on MS platform specially for Single Page Application (SPA) development
- Work with the production team on implementation of projects.
- Respond to critical production issues and provide immediate workarounds to maintain business continuity.
- ETL workflow development using Informatica to load data into databases.
- Writing & reviewing T-SQL stored procedures, table & index design, creation of table partition and query performance tuning.
- Design & develop solutions for storing and retrieving high volume of historic index data.
- Schedule & Monitor data extraction & loading jobs.
- Implement database replication solutions for high availability of data across geographically distributed sites.
- Build reporting solutions across different databases.
- Developing, implementing, and supporting logical data models for large applications.
- Engage in data analysis, data flow analysis and data modeling.
- Effectively interact with global customers, business users and IT staff.
- Analyze data quality generated by the index calculation system.
- Maintain support procedures & runbook, system checkout tasks, escalation contacts.
- Interact with business operations to provide data & technical support.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- ETL development experience with deep understanding of Stored procedures, T-SQL, Database functions & design.
- Hands on experience of ETL tools (Informatica preferred)
- Experience of handling backend operations of Warehouse
- Experience of data integration, managing workflow, providing support (SSIS preferred)
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.