The Role: Client Implementations and Support Specialist
The Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
The Team: Technical Client Solutions is a global team of client-facing technologists with wide-ranging responsibilities that include technical relationship management, client and sales support, product services, and infrastructure support.
The Impact: You will influence customer fulfillment drive renewals, by translating client needs into appropriate technical solutions. You will serve as the primary technical liaison with our high revenue clients as well as our Commercial teams. Do you love Technical Projects as well as getting in the trenches and working with the team to get the work done? Do you like working with state of the art of technology?
What’s in it for you:
- Exposure to key IT and Business Unit decision makers at various client types, including at some of our largest accounts
- This is an evolving role, with potential career growth opportunities
- Chances to create knowledge on the commercial side of the business
- Implementing large scale product rollouts and upgrades at large accounts; acting as technical lead on product trials and bakeoffs
- Building long-standing relationships with the service delivery leads at new and existing clients
- Supporting our Sales teams in aligning technical requirements with product design to gain new business
- Partnering with Relationship Management teams to maintain the technical health of your assigned accounts
- Maintaining detailed client information and product documentation
- Occasionally visiting client sites within the greater New York City area
Note: This is not a reactive technical support role.
What We’re Looking For:
- Prior experience in a technical customer facing role such as relationship management, professional services or product management
- Experience working directly and closely with account and sales executives
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication and social skills
- Strong knowledge of the Windows desktop platform and working experience of Windows Server platform
- University degree in a technical discipline plus 5+ years of experience
- Ability to handle projects independently with minimal supervision
- Software troubleshooting experience, including analysis of log files and stack traces
- Some experience with programming or scripting (prior project work considered)
- Sales or Pre-Sales Engineering experience is a big plus
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.