S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Senior Editor, Editorial
The Location: New York, NY
The Team: Leveraged Commentary & Data (LCD) has more than three dozen journalists and analysts providing news and research on the leveraged finance markets to 80,000 plus subscribers worldwide. We are a leading information provider whose success hinges upon producing a best-in-class data and research product.
The Impact: The role will provide coverage of the US markets. This person will write/collaborate on five to seven articles daily. The articles this person writes should reflect a proprietary knowledge of market activity; specifically, reflect personal insight and knowledge ownership of market activities in this arena, thereby dynamically linking market activities together into thoughtful analysis.
What’s in it for you: This is an opportunity for anyone who covers levfin to gain significant profile in the markets. LCD is the preeminent information source for these markets, reaching more than 35,000 readers worldwide daily.
- Provide news and analytical content about current market events. These articles should maintain a high degree of accuracy despite the density of the content, and should reflect an understanding of the market. Additionally, they should also reflect deep understanding of other financial markets and how the credit markets relate back to events in those markets.
- Interview major players in the field, including bankers, traders, and investors. In addition to heavy telephone contact during business hours, this job includes extensive market contact representing S&P at conferences, and in source meetings.
- Develop/maintain sources within the leveraged loan and related market segments as to stay ahead of breaking news (deal launches, changes in structure, etc.) and to collect insight/perspective from the market.
- Conduct research of various print and online sources of financial reports to derive pertinent data. Evaluate data from these sources (financial reports, market interviews, other financial commentaries) to produce comprehensive, cohesive articles.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor degree required; preferably in area of expertise.
- Four to five years’ experience as a journalist covering the credit/debt markets; experience in the U.S. levfin market is a plus.
- A depth of contacts in the debt markets.
- Strong analytical skills (the ability to discern when a story is merited, to source market sources appropriately and to provide accurate financial figures and facts within the story, amid a high-volume, real-time news environment).
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills; technical writing skills are a requirement
- Team centric
- Technology savvy
About S&P Global Market Intelligence:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.