The Role: Business Development Manager - Platts
The Location: Tokyo, Japan
Japan sales team is responsible for the maintenance of existing clients base, and grow the business with value add services, and also find out new clients base in and out of Japan. Japan team is small, so very dynamic with lots of power to do what an individual member thinks it’s effective, have lots of opportunities to learn about the industry, sales, and broaden networks while working together. We value the relationship and our reward is better than any other corps, compared with that of peer companies.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) role contributes to the clients business by finding out their needs, and connects our services to their needs in a timely and value added manner. This position can bring lots of satisfaction to the BDM, while engaging and providing the services clients need.
What’s in it for you:
With over 20,000 employees working across 95 offices all around the world, the diverse and vibrant community at S&P Global is unlike one you’ll find anywhere else. Each and every one of us brings something essential to S&P Global. We’re a global organization, made strong because of our different backgrounds and experiences—not in spite of them. Our diversity creates a vital competitive edge in anticipating and exceeding our customers’ needs. We cherish and encourage internal talent development, advancement and movement across the globe and our divisions.
• Meets and exceeds revenue quota through the management and execution of the sales process
• Employs consultative sales techniques to manage renewals, generate new opportunities and drive growth
• Increase sales of new and non-benchmark services to new and existing users, divisions and locations
• Growth achieved with full attention to retention of existing business
• Establishes and maintains a good rapport with senior contacts across key divisions and regions
• Conducts high-level customer-facing presentations and new product development discussions
• Maintain and grow engagement with the governments and their agencies of respective commodity verticals.
• Lead and drive benchmark penetration in Japan with Platts commodities
• Develops and regularly updates comprehensive customer-centric account sales strategy/ plan that is established in collaboration with customer and key stakeholders to ensure alignment with client needs and Platts’ strategy
• Leverages the knowledge built on clients and input provided from key stakeholders from other functions
• Is able to work across functions and collaborate so as to provide utmost value to customer and draw best results for Platts
• Successful experience in enterprise account management
What We’re Looking For:
Degree with minimum 6 years of successful sales experience managing major or complex accounts, preferably in commodity or financial information provider role
Consultative sales and negotiation skills experience, possess high integrity and a hunter adept at all phases of the selling cycle from need creation, proposal preparation, negotiation to deal closure
Excellent communication and presentation (verbal/ written) skills, adds value to the relationship by distilling, summarizing, interpreting and communicating information to facilitate its usefulness
Competent with systems (Oracle, CRM, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Travelling required around 2-3 times a year out of Japan, and frequently domestically
Proven success in doing business in Asia
Proven leadership in managing multi-national global accounts, multi-cultural awareness and regional experience is preferred