The Role: Senior Reporter: Asia Pacific Banks and Financial Services
The Location: Hong Kong
The team: The Asia Financial Institutions Group news team comprises roughly 20 reporters, editors and writers in Hong Kong, Singapore, India, Pakistan and Manila, producing coverage of not only banks, but also insurance and other financial services. The team is part of the larger Financial Institutions Group, encompassing the Americas and EMEA.
The impact: Our real-time, subscription-based global news service reaches an influential readership, including investment bankers, credit risk analysts, buy- and sell-side teams, and regulators. The news we provide is a critical part of S&P Global Market Intelligence's highly valued product offering.
Provide S&P Global readership with timely, insightful articles to tight daily and weekly deadlines. Your scope of coverage will incorporate in-depth interviews, news from the conference beat, and analytical insight showcasing our rich portfolio of market, regulatory and corporate data.
You will be pivotal in shaping our daily English-language coverage and conveying story lines using the full range of our formats, from breaking news to feature-length reportage. You will also use your leadership skills and deep sector knowledge to coach and mentor other team members.
What’s in it for you: In this senior role, the successful candidate will join the Asia-Pacific Financial Institutions Group, which offers opportunities for global collaboration in our expanding newsroom, editorial leadership development and advancement as a business journalist within S&P Global Market Intelligence and other parts of S&P Global. In the spirit of continuous learning, the newsroom also offers extensive training and other development support, such as a mentorship program.
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience and a strong track record writing about the financial services and banking sector in clear, authoritative English.
- A deep knowledge of Chinese banks/financial services and of Asian financial regulatory frameworks.
- An impressive book of contacts among banking analysts and high-level industry commentators in Asia, particularly in China.
- An ability to set our short-, medium and long-term news coverage agenda in conjunction with other reporters and your editors, to daily and weekly deadlines
- A passion for telling data driven stories and a commitment to work with in-house and external market intelligence data and graphics to enhance our coverage, requiring collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience mentoring and coaching other reporters
- Fluency in spoken and written English necessary. Knowledge of at least one other major Asian language is highly desirable
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.