S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global is high-growth benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets. We are home to some of the most iconic brands in finance and business, including: S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices, and Platts. Our independent credit ratings, indices, analytics, price assessments and research provide clients with the essential intelligence to manage risk and identify opportunities to grow. S&P Global Ratings, a division of S&P Global, is the world’s leading provider of credit ratings; our credit risk analyses, research and insights support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
The position is located in New York at 55 Water Street. It will report to the VP Strategy & Business Development, S&P Global Ratings.
We are looking for the kind of talent that is creative, with the intellectual curiosity to envision where the market and ecosystem is moving, that can grasp the essence of our unique assets, but with the discipline as part of a marquee institution to collaboratively structure a roadmap to realize long-term stakeholder value. Your work will have direct impact on charting our strategic course.
• Key responsibilities include:
o Assist in the development of the annual strategic plan
o Help drive major strategic projects including:
- Helping to plan and scope work
- Framing the issues
- Performing market, competitive and operating model analysis and drawing insight to support market entry/ exits, new product development, regulatory impacts, cross-business initiatives, etc.
- Creating materials to communicate work and conclusions
- Running meetings and workshops to engage domain experts/ stakeholders and communicate results
o Support the development of M&A / minority investment strategies and strategic partnerships, and the resulting screening and business development process
o Take on autonomous ownership for smaller projects and business-as-usual research
• The right individual for this role will be happy to “roll up their sleeves” to do analytical work as well as the intellect and appetite to engage on broad and complex business problems.
• A successful candidate in the role would be expected to develop the ability over time to take on strategic projects with increasing autonomy
• Significant learning and growth opportunity – to develop the strategy toolkit, participate in innovation initiatives, and gain exposure to the S&P Global Ratings leadership team and key stakeholders including the broader S&P Global organization.
• Problem solving & analysis:
o Able to break down problems in a logical and highly structured manner
o Can draw insight from data and analysis
o Comfortable with business and financial modeling
o Strong instinct for what’s important
o Comfortable with ambiguity and a hypothesis-driven approach
• Written and verbal communication:
o Polished communicator
o Develops strong relationships
o Able to influence in meetings
o Can present data in a clear concise manner
• Team and personal skills:
o Collaborative team-oriented while taking "hands-on" ownership for work
o Energetic and motivated “self-starter”
o Proactive about personal development
o Strong time management
• Candidates should have prior experience in either a top strategy team / consulting practice, investment banking, corporate strategy, corporate development / M&A, including
o Strategic projects
o Data analysis and financial modeling
o Exceptional PowerPoint and visual presentation skills to create well-structured and crisp communication materials
o Primary market research
o Ownership of complex project workstreams
o Transaction work (M&A, private investments, commercial deals)
• The following experience will be helpful but is not critical:
o Financial Services
o Information businesses, including Content & Research
o Technology / Financial Technology
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.