S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Operations Manager, News
The Location: The position is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
The Team: Our Islamabad News team contributes to the overall News department’s comprehensiveness, timeliness and quality goals. We do this through the publishing of content that spans basic news briefs based on press releases, regulatory filings and third-party news, in addition to valuable and/or proprietary content based on interviews with newsmakers and internal data.
The Impact: As an Operations Manager of the Islamabad newsroom, you will oversee productivity of news employees, work with News management and operations managers of our other News operations centers, as well as local leadership in Islamabad to ensure adherence to policies and procedures of both the newsroom and S&P Global as a whole. You will ensure compliance of news employees with the company's policies and work with leadership in the Islamabad office to ensure the newsroom is aware of, and stays in sync with, policies and procedures specific to the Islamabad office. The Islamabad newsroom contributes to the organization's news platform, providing clients with timely, comprehensive and relevant news coverage of the sectors they care about.
What’s in it for you:
- Our Company prides itself in being an equal opportunity employer and a result faced meritocracy. We set high standards and value accountability for all. At the same time, we seek to identify and reward exceptional performance with growth opportunities. Based on planned growth & initiatives, you have an opportunity to emerge to more specialized roles and act as a resource for the team.
- You will have the opportunity to display and develop your leadership skills while regularly interacting with senior management both inside and outside the News department at the organization.
- You will work closely with members of the newsroom across many different geographies and will be part of a fast-growing and dynamic news organization. This will provide you with an opportunity to help craft the direction the business takes in the coming years
- You will be working closely with the Islamabad leadership to ensure compliance of News staff with local policies and procedures and acts as a liaison between the local leadership and the newsroom to provide the team with insight regarding location-specific policies, projects and initiatives
- Working to maintain, and looking to improve, productivity and quality of the News staff through consistent monitoring of metrics and working with managers both within and outside the local office falls under the preview of this job as well.
- You will also work with News management and operations managers in the Philippines and India operations centers to ensure adherence to News policies and procedures across all newsrooms.
- Communicating regularly with News leadership on productivity of the office and raising any issues or causes for concern as well as making sure that the team is regularly attending sessions held by the News leadership, including but not limited to, workshops and regular catch-ups.
- Taking an active role in recruiting, hiring, onboarding and training of new employees for the Islamabad office are just some of the things you will be involved in.
What we're looking for:
- Strong spoken and written English communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Three to five years of management experience
- Ability to mentor and develop employees at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to collaborate with people from varied backgrounds and cultures
- Deep understanding of S&P Global Market Intelligence’s business, both specific to News and more broadly
- Deep understanding of our clients and their expectations of us
Work Shift: This position is a night shift, approximately 2 p.m. – 11 p.m.
However, as an Operations Manager you are expected to be flexible regarding the shift timings.
Education Requirements: Minimum of Bachelor's Degree
About S&P Global Market Intelligence:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.