S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Financial Data Analyst
The Location: New York, NY – 55 Water Street
The Team: The Finance ACV team provides financial analysis, commentary and decision support to the Commercial team and Executive Management within Market Intelligence. Team members are expected to embrace and manage through change, maintain a global perspective, think critically and foster the open exchange of ideas both within the team and across Market Intelligence.
The Impact: The analyst is an integral member of the Finance organization. The incumbent will own and maintain databases and analytical logic used in monthly and quarterly close activities in addition to financial analysis, reporting and decision support.
What’s in it for you:
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Learn about Market Intelligence products and strategies
- Build professional network across Market Intelligence and in other divisions
- Provide crucial financial analytical support that impacts business decisions
- Assisting with monthly and quarterly close activities, perform research and reconciliation on outstanding invoices and sales opportunities
- Maintaining Access database and other data warehouse used for monthly reportings
- Assisting in financial analysis, reporting and decision support for the Commercial organization and senior management
- Assisting with preparation of presentations to senior management and Corporate finance
- Working on special projects and perform ad hoc financial reporting and analysis as required
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics
- 1+ year of experience in finance department
- Strong skills in MS Excel (Pivot tables, V-Lookups), MS Access, PowerPoint and data warehouse management
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as a fully contributing member of a team
- Readiness to work in pressure situations and with tight deadlines
- At least 3+ year’s work experience in accounting/finance department
- Experience with Salesforce.com, ERP (Oracle Financials) and Cognos TM1
- Strong communication and experience presenting to senior audiences
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.