S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: As an Operations Manager within the Corporate Outreach team, you will help with the development of the team’s structure, its processes, and its people. In addition to a mastery of communication, the role will require a familiarity with business tools like Pathfinder, CTS, SNL reporting and SQL (preferred) so that these can be leveraged to develop sustainable and scalable solutions to our team infrastructure. You will also closely work with the associates in the team to develop their technical expertise, communication capabilities and an overall improvement in efficiency and quality.
The Team: Corporate Outreach sourcing is responsible for the collection of any and all data that requires direct contact with a company, a government agency or a regulatory body. The team assists all content teams in this collection and verification of data that ultimately is pulled into the product for our clients. We also support content teams with client questions that require a direct contact with the companies that we cover for clarification or verification.
The Impact: The Operations Manager in Corporate Outreach helps driving and aligning this business unit with its strategic initiatives and as a result with the larger company strategy.
What’s in it for you:
- An exposure and understanding of different areas of content collection within Market intelligence and Platts.
- A great understanding of leading diverse and multicultural teams to achieve a common set of goals
- An insight into our clients and/or C-level contacts at companies whose data we cover, collect and present.
- Manages operations support teams for a range of data/content management activities.
- Manages operational teams in the process of data research and collection of information from various sources.
- Ensure team members are compliant when conducting data/information collection through a thorough knowledge of guidelines, policies and research tools.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the performance and quality of work of small operational teams to ensure accuracy and efficiency of process workflows.
- Manages the performance review process, talent development and talent management processes of the team. Identifies individual strengths to appropriately delegate work amongst the team.
- May interact with internal and external clients as necessary and occasionally works on new projects as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of the business and a good understanding of how his/her contributes to data/content management objectives.
- Identifies and solves problems in operational processes and analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures, lean principles and identifying the creative and efficient solutions.
- Works with multiple teams; interacts with other related teams. Works with multiple businesses to understand processes and procedures and helps to improve them whenever possible.
- Contributes to the achievement of personal, team and enterprise/site level objectives
What we are looking for:
- A self-starter with strong time and priority management skills
- Strong analytical and research skills; Detail-oriented; Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to drive teams to deliver on strategic objectives
- Ability to construct a scalable, sustainable and lean solution to complex data management or personnel issues.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office tools – Office, SQL, Excel
- Proficient in speaking and writing in English
- College Degree in the area of Business, Computer Science, Management or Marketing
- At least 5 years of experience in people management; Candidate with background in data management, change management and/or project management is preferred.
- Must be open to work in a night shift schedule and flexible to work in shifting schedules when there is a business need
- Must be willing to work in Makati
- Basic knowledge of SQL, Microsoft Excel or Access
- A basic understanding of workflow management, preferably through the Appian software.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.