S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Sr. Lead Software Developer
The Location: Boston, New York, Denver
The Impact: This role includes design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of product features, including collaboration with other development teams, product designers, and QA.
What’s in it for you:
- Build the next generation of Investment Management applications featuring advanced time-series computations, simulations, and interactive data visualization
- Expand experience with modern Functional Programming techniques and technologies
- Gain exposure to quantitative finance, working with a highly-skilled set of product specialists
- Participate and take leadership role in software related projects.
- Prepare and present solutions outlining the outcome, making recommendations to increase efficiency and effectiveness and providing objectives for success.
- Recommend new products and provide guidance and expertise in their development using in-depth knowledge of various software languages.
- Design highly complex underlying engineering for use in multiple product offerings and support large volume of end users.
- Performs code reviews and participates with architects in setting coding standards. Articulates technical debt and recommends software quality improvements.
- Develops more complex project plans and budgets.
- Solve complex, non-routine problems and figure out the best solution through cost/benefit analysis.
- Determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
What We’re Looking For:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years’ related experience
- Passionate, smart, and articulate developer
- C# and SQL experience
- Scala or other functional programming experience a plus (F#, Haskell, PureScript, etc.)
- Able to work well individually and with a team
- Strong academic background and problem solving skills
- Good work ethic, self-starter, and results oriented
- Interest and experience in finance is a plus
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.