S&P Global Platts
The Role: S&P Global Platts is looking for a senior pricing specialist on the North American Power Pricing team. The candidate will produce commentaries, analysis, and price assessments related to their regional coverage of wholesale power markets.
The Location: Houston, TX, USA
The Team: The Power Pricing team analyzes trade and activity data and incorporates market knowledge in publishing price assessments used by clients. They also report on spot and forward prices and the factors moving markets. The team is collaborative and engages with the market through various mediums, including commentaries, stories, podcasts, blogs, and videos.
The Impact: You’ll produce actionable and informative content in the industry leading Megawatt Daily publication and other Platts products. The price assessments are important to our customers in providing price transparency in bilateral markets. The content will inform customers regarding supply and demand developments, commodity flows, price trends, and infrastructure and regulatory issues.
What’s in it for you:
- Gain subject matter expertise in North American power markets
- Build cross-commodity knowledge in natural gas and coal markets
- Personal development opportunities in customer engagement, writing, analysis, and public speaking
- Write daily regional price commentaries describing key fundamental market drivers moving prices
- Publish daily short term price assessments based on price reporter trade data and supplemented by market knowledge
- Attend customer meetings and conferences to engage with customers and learn about important issues facing market participants
- Liaise with pricing and analytics teams to enhance content with proprietary data
- Develop sources to enhance content and expand knowledge base
What We’re Looking For: We are looking for someone who is curious about energy markets. If you're right for this role, you'll be inquisitive, conscientious, and an effective communicator. You'll love this job because you'll be in a dynamic environment where market-moving changes occur every day, surrounded by high-energy individuals who are enthusiastic about covering markets and regulation, spotting key trends and reporting about those trends to our customers. You will be able to tackle problems and take independent action. You will seek out new assignments and act on opportunities.
- Bachelor degree required
- 1-3 years of energy industry experience such as a reporting, writing, or analytical background
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Excel
- Journalism, Economics, Business and/or Finance degree
- Understanding of wholesale power markets, RTO/ISO market operations, and power generation
- Cross-commodity knowledge
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.platts.com
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.