S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Translations Team Lead (Opsco)
The Impact: Day-to-day staff management including review of their deliverables, shaping their solutions and ongoing performance management processes. To ensure complete, accurate, and timely updates of estimates, actuals and guidance data.
The Career Opportunity: The purpose of this role is to lead a team of 10+ associates, plan, prioritize and execute on projects and data processes, and interact with internal stakeholders to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of data and related quality controls to support S&P Global Market Intelligence Translations business.
The Team / The Business: Team Lead will be directly reporting to Operations Manager, Translations
What We’re Looking For: Have background in People Management. Possessing native fluency in Mandarin or Nihongo a plus. The Team Leader is also responsible for day-to-day activities including direct staff management, staff performance reviews, as well as recruiting. Incumbent will make efficient use of resources during periods of high volume.
- Lead and conduct day to day management of multiple data collection and maintenance processes including clarifying queries from the associates and ensuring that collection policies are followed. Careful planning and execution of special projects that may be assigned on an ad-hoc basis
- Recommend solutions and procedures to the business which include the necessary tasks to achieve high quality data and which take into consideration other systems/software utilized for other purposes to allow consistency and prevent re-work. Implement such solutions and procedures within data operations. Ensure all projects take into consideration the overall strategy of the organization. This idea generation includes fostering an environment where the team is also engaged in the same.
- Work with managers and leads across divisions and sites regarding translation and localization needs in order to ensure a balanced and best fit allocation of projects to agencies. Liaise with internal client PoCs to gather feedback on suitability and quality of translation and provide support. Work closely with all external resources to continually improve the quality and responsiveness of delivery
- Establishes and/or develops metrics, reviews quantitative and qualitative performance standards and coordinates implementation with the Manager
- Monitors and measures group, individual performance and coordinates training requirements with the internal training team
- Creates an atmosphere of continuous improvement, while motivating the team to perform at a higher efficiency.
- Fosters a team oriented culture and initiates the team building activities to build team unity.
- Ensures all company policies are followed and able to provide leadership and coaching to staff.
- Determine root cause then recommend and execute solutions to quality issues
- Assists in recruiting new team members by evaluating candidates and communicating evaluations to management.
- Bachelor’s any degree; Finance background will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Translations and/or Localization industry
- A plus with Project Management experience and ability to work with global team.
- Native fluency in Chinese or Japanese a plus but not a requirement.
- Excellent time management skills, Team Leader is responsible for managing staff responsible for activities with specific time constraints and activities.
- Willing to work for Midshift schedule but may require to change shift and extend working hours due to business needs.
- Willing to be assign in Ortigas, Tiendesitas Silver City 2 Building
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.