S&P Global Corporate
The Role: Sr. Cloud Architect, Cloud Operations
The Location: Hightstown, NJ, US
The Team: The selected candidate will be part of the S&P Global Technology’s Cloud Services Operations and thereby provide support and resolution for complex technical issues in our AWS & VMware Cloud environment.
The Impact: Candidate will be responsible for helping users define strategy, and architect and implement specific solutions as applications move to AWS & On-prem Cloud on VMware. Candidate will also be the escalation contact for Cloud Operations to resolve availability issues across AWS & VMware platforms.
What’s in it for you: As the cloud Architect the candidate will be a part of the Enterprise Infrastructure Council and provide guidance to the council on strategy decisions made as the organization is going through a drive of cloud first adoption. If you are a Cloud guru and passionate about technology automation and Cloud adoption you will be a best fit for the position and as part of your role ensure that our applications and infrastructure are designed and implemented to the highest security standards thus maintaining and enhancing business trust, ensuring alignment with strategic and division plans and enabling transparency into technology investments across the enterprise.
Responsibilities: As a Sr. Cloud Architect in the Cloud Operations team, the following will be part of your responsibilities.
- Drive Stabilization of Cloud Orchestration Platform
- Identify and Drive Automation use cases for Cloud Operations there by enabling Self-service and Self Heal automation, Automated Patch Management process
- Explore Industry tools and products to manage with ease a multi account AWS environment.
- Monitor cloud environments by setting up alerts, reviewing error logs and analyzing user traffic patterns.
- Perform in-depth trend analysis of system and application events.
- Troubleshoot application and infrastructure related incidents.
- Regularly interface with peer teams on support and implementation initiatives.
- Execute planned changes.
- Provide capacity analysis and participate in performance testing.
- Execute automated tasks via scripting; including remediation and testing.
- Problem analysis and remediation in a fast paced, customer-centric environment.
- Position requires after hours work – On Call Support
What We’re Looking For:
Basic Qualifications: The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in technology/information management, engineering or related field required
- Expert managing AWS services (EC2, S3, Route 53, ELB, VPC, Cloud trail, IAM, AWS Config, cloudwatch, Lambda) via CLI and API within a multi account production environment. This is mandatory
- Hands on knowledge on one of the config management tools preferably chef or Ansible. This is mandatory.
- 5+ years’ experience working with virtualization: performance tuning, capacity management, design, administration, and configuration, preferably with VMWare, Openstack, or other industry-standard virtualization platforms
- 5+ years’ experience managing and supporting high availability systems
- Functional understanding of the Devops model.
- Cloud support experience
- Disaster recovery testing and planning
- Managing capacity planning of infrastructure and storage
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.