S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Sales Representative – Key Accounts Team (S&P Global Market Intelligence)
The Location: Tokyo, Japan
The Japan Key Accounts team in Tokyo is made up of experienced finance professionals with background in equity research, investment banking, commercial lending, credit research and data solution sales and the team is looking for someone with similar qualifications and background with analytical experience in investment banking, commercial lending, equity research, money management, credit analysis or financial consulting fields to join the team. These professionals will find that S&P Global Market Intelligence provides a challenging yet flexible environment, which values self-motivation and team collaboration.
S&P Global Market Intelligence has a solid reputation in Japan and we are further building awareness of our brand. Your contribution and dedication to your role is critical as you have a direct impact on client retention and business generation. You will be able to lead from the front and have direct impact for future growth of the business.
What’s in it for you:
S&P Global Market Intelligence is currently searching for a sales representative to join the Japan Key Accounts team in Tokyo. Working closely with other sales members on the team and with other teams such as product and pre-sales, the sales representative will be responsible for managing his/her own sales territory and meeting his/her own individual sales target. He or she is expected to close new deals and expand our fast growing business with the largest Japanese financial institutions mainly in the commercial banking, investment banking and investment management space.You will be a key player within the Japan Key Accounts team and have the opportunity to work with major key clients within the financial services industry. This is a great opportunity for you to grow professionally as well as to contribute to the growth of our business in Japan.The hiring manager says: “I’m looking for the kind of person who likes to build new relationship with clients and excels in understanding their business needs and providing a solution that best addresses the issues they face. You’ll love this job because you’ll get to work closely with all the key players within the financial services industry and maximize your potential in a dynamic, multi-cultural and global work environment.”
- Revenue Generation- As one of the core members of the sales team, carry an individual target and manage his/her own sales territory within the Japan Key Accounts team
- Manage product demonstration and presentations, set up follow-up training session for new prospects/opportunity
- Work closely with other teams such as product and pre-sales to maximize the client experience
- Optimize revenue by prioritizing opportunities and engaging clients proactively
- Identify key decision makers and influencers with target prospects
- Utilize CRM system (Salesforce.com) to monitor new pipelines and leads status for goal management as well as keep the details of sales activities, meeting memos in the system.
- Generate new contract documents, process sales orders and coordinate new deal process with product management, Legal, and Finance team.
- Develop and consultatively sell appropriate products/services/solutions, and cultivate references to achieve the sales goal.
- Focus on new client acquisition as well as find opportunity for new products within existing account
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 4 to 5 years direct experience working in the financial industry in a client facing or analytical role (investment banking, equity research, commercial lending, money management, credit analysis or financial consulting preferred), or information services industry (same industry as S&P Global Market Intelligence)
- Fluent in Japanese and Business level of oral and written English skill
- Ability to communicate with clients in a clear manner with strong presentation skills
- Ability to multi task and be flexible. Reevaluate regularly. Always be prioritizing activity that will best meet client and revenue goals.
- Strong desire to explore the opportunities and expand the business
- Ability to work independently but also within a team environment
- Established relationship building and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-based environment
- MBA, CFA or CMA candidates are welcome
- Corporate Finance knowledge a plus
- Experience living outside of Japan or having worked with clients or colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Experience having used other data vendor services such as Capital IQ, SNL, Factset, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Uzabase, Moody’s, etc would be a plus
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.