S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Associate Copy Editor
The Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
The Team: Are you looking for a great opportunity to join a leading company? Do you like the thought of having mornings off? We are seeking dynamic individuals for our 2-10 shift in our Charlottesville office. We're a growing team that is responsible for copy editing news articles, graphic elements and newsletters. Our priorities are accuracy, consistency, efficiency and collaboration. We operate well under deadline pressure and are often seen as valuable resource for others in the newsroom.
The Impact: The Copy Desk contributes to S&P Global Market Intelligence by ensuring that our news meets high standards for accuracy, clarity and relevance. Clients often rely on our news to make decisions or set priorities for their day, and need information quickly to stay ahead of their competition.
What’s in it for you:
- Learning new skills and developing industry/financial expertise.
- Opportunity for advancement on a growing team, within a growing company.
- Working with people across varied geographies.
- Copy editing articles for style, grammar, factual consistency and clarity.
- Proofing graphic elements.
- Proofing newsletters.
- Developing industry knowledge.
- Providing feedback to others regarding edits.
What We’re Looking For:
- Superior English-language skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility in working with workflow management systems and learning new technology.
- Interest in copy editing and journalism as a career path.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in journalism or proofreading
- Good research skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to thrive in high-pressure environment.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.