S&P Global Platts
The Role: We are looking for an experienced Pricing Specialist/Editor able to develop and drive price and news reporting, with an eye toward establishing and enhancing emerging benchmarks in the US flat-rolled steel markets. Coverage areas will include steel sheet products, as well as economic indicators for the industry. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with at least three years of experience to join a seasoned editorial team in a growing Platts industry sector.
The Location: Pittsburgh, Houston, New York or Chicago
The Team: The successful candidate will be part of a global team. The candidate will be, or already is, considered a subject matter expert in the industry; being a team player is of utmost importance in this role.
The Impact: The successful candidate will ideally have knowledge of price information, key participants in the market and information gathering activities, and be comfortable with numbers and writing of both news and pricing information.
What’s in it for you:
- Growth and high-visibility as an expert in the field
- Opportunities to advance within the team and the company
- Travel domestically and abroad to learn about global markets
- Exposure to high-level industry executives and policy makers
- Extensive social media distribution of your work and byline
- A wide-open future career path to different commodities and commodity groups
- Reporting on trading activity in the US flat-rolled steel market
- Assessing markets based on physical bids, offers and traded information in line with our published methodology and index
- Identifying and writing news stories
- Writing commentaries explaining the trends driving benchmark prices
- Representing Platts at industry events such as conferences or in face-to-face meetings
- Presenting at Platts and third-party conferences, conducting webinars and podcasts or developing other digital content such as infographics
- Providing editing support for our steel publications
- Identifying opportunities to improve our methodology or launch new price assessments
What We’re Looking For: A subject matter expert looking to take the next step in their career. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a motivated, experienced global team. Each member of the team contributes on a daily basis.
- A 4-year degree is required or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of reporting/writing/analytical experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate across a wide range of groups and personalities, internally and externally
- Clear, concise writing style, strong copy editing skills
- Ability to effectively develop price reporting coverage in the region
- Proven analytical ability and comfortable handling numbers
- Understands basic math, economics and statistics principles. Ability to apply basic math functions in Excel
- Excellent English writing skills
- Steel industry specialization
- Prior training in journalism
- An advanced degree (MBA) is a plus
- Energy, tenacity and ambition to excel in a fast-paced news environment and foster that culture throughout our team
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.platts.com
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.