S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Infrastructure Engineer
The Location: Makati, Manila, Philippines
The Impact: The position is critical in ensuring that the company’s IT services are available and in good health. The scope of the position has direct impact on every employee of SPGMI and also its external clients.
The Team: You will be joining a very skilled and professional global team that manages IT services of the company.
What's in it for you: The role will expose the employee to various facets of technology such as but not limited to: Networking, servers (computing), storage, and Data Centers. The NOC Engineer will also have the opportunity to work with the company’s Global IT team from locations such as US, Pakistan, India, and Philippines on a day to day basis.
- 24/7/365 IT Infrastructure system Monitoring.
- Resolve monitored or reported Infrastructure level IT incidents using approved response procedure and escalate incidents using Tech Support Escalation Protocol if required.
- Major/Crisis Incident Management
- Generate incidents within company IT service management software for proper incident tracking and handling
- Communicate network and systems event status using established protocols
- Daily Recurring and/or on-demand Tasks / Checks.
- Coordination with Vendors, Service Providers, and contractors to open support tickets in case of Incidents.
- Correlate problems by monitoring tickets, event reporting systems, and other sources of information to quickly identify/resolve/escalate infrastructure problems.
- Providing smart hand support i.e. acting as a proxy for a resource who isn't able to perform the tasks him/herself following specific instructions set such as pulling OLP site from service, running checks and putting it back in.
- Handles Infrastructure level issues escalated by Service Desk.
- Ensure daily operations and Tier I/II troubleshooting documentations are relevant and up to date
- Complete daily operational tasks within the predefined SLA.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's/College Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication) or equivalent.
- At least 2 year(s) of solid experience in handling IT operations
- Familiarity with Microsoft windows environment.
- Beginner to intermediate proficiency utilizing MS Office products.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory required and basic understanding of the underlying hardware
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills required to prioritize work and meet established deadlines.
- Must be committed to exceptional customer service and support.
- Must possess strong problem analysis and decision-making ability.
- Amenable to work in a shifting schedule.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.