S&P Global Platts
The Role: Oracle PL/SQL Developer
The Location: Hyderabad
Information Services is a diverse, globally-distributed team of data engineering and management specialists committed to delivery. S&P Global Platts is the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. Traders, analysts, risk managers, purchasing agents and other professionals at more than 10,000 public and private sector organizations in over 150 countries benefit from S&P Global Platts’ services.
This is a hybrid role in-that it supports both “grow-the-business” [Project] as well as “run-the-business” [BAU] initiatives.
What’s in it for you:
When you work at Platts, the world’s leading energy information provider, you get the best of a small company and a Fortune 500 corporation. With more than 900 employees in more than 15 offices spanning five continents, Platts has a highly diverse workforce, a global perspective, and a “business casual” culture. As a subsidiary of S&P Global, Platts offers employees a competitive compensation program, a comprehensive benefits package, and a broad spectrum of professional development opportunities. As an employee of Platts and S&P Global, you are part of an organization with a long-standing legacy of journalistic independence and integrity, and a steadfast commitment to providing the markets with the highest quality, most timely and reliable information.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in the following areas:
- SQL, PL/SQL or APEX programming
- Relational data modeling
- Application design, development and data integration
- Distributed systems and ETL processes
- Documentation of technical/procedural specifications
- Tuning query patterns for performance
- Strong understanding of Oracle 11 & 12 internals, features and configurations
- Experience in analyzing user requirements and translating/implementing into database code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills [English]
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Experience with source code management practices and systems
- Experience with Agile as well as Waterfall development methodologies
- Bachelor's/PG degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions withconfidence. For more information,visit www.platts.com
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.