S&P Global Platts
The Role: The senior editor will join the steel raw materials benchmark team in Asia and participate in daily assessment processes as part of a close-knit team. The job includes gathering pricing information and market intelligence, and then forming that information into price assessments and published market commentaries, news updates and in-depth analysis stories. You will also be in a thought leadership position, helping to develop benchmarks and new price assessments.
The Impact: This is a key role, in markets where S&P Global Platts has strongly-established benchmarks.
The Career Opportunity: To become a market expert, the go to person in the industry, and to expand your knowledge of the Asian metals industry by interacting on a daily basis with regional producers, consumers, traders and analysts etc.
The Team / The Business: You’ll work with the Singapore-based metals market reporting team.
Your Skills: Proven analytical ability and comfortable handing numbers, exceptional energy, tenacity and ambition to excel in a fast-paced environment, written and verbal communication skills, analysis, and presentation skills
Our Hiring Manager says: This role will be responsible for producing one of Platts’ most important benchmark assessments as well as a number of regional key price assessments.
- Assess daily steel raw materials market
- Gathers commodity price information, produce price assessments/indexes and writes commentary
- Assess the value of benchmark prices fully in line with Platts’ rigorous and published methodologies
- Regularly engage market participants, helping showcase Platts expertise in steel raw materials, and helping to explain our methodology
- Reports news stories affecting structural market changes which affect price assessments
- Maintain high quality, timely and real-time stream of news and pricing feed
- Develops and maintains sources and contacts relevant to the market area of coverage
- Ability to effectively manage and develop price reporting coverage in the region
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or similar level university degree
- Excellent English writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to read and write Mandarin is a significant advantage due to the need to cover China’s market
- Good organizational planning skills; able to work collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft excel and large data sets
- Adept at managing multiple tasks and adhering to regular deadlines. Able to prioritize quickly and to readjust priorities throughout the day.
- Self-driven, energetic and proactive
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, global, multi-cultural environment