S&P Global Platts
The Role: SP& Global Platts is looking to fill a position for an Analyst to develop and drive our steel market coverage and help build benchmark pricing in Asia.
The Location: Shanghai or Singapore
The Impact: The position reports to the Senior Managing Editor, and is responsible for producing editorial content and price assessments in line with standards. This is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of a market that Platts has an increasing foothold in and bring it to the next phase of development.
What’s in it for you: The successful candidate will work with a global team in the biggest commodity price reporting agency, and will be at the forefront of our efforts in providing essential intelligence to our readers through price assessments, market commentaries and other insights centered on China and Southeast Asia. The person will be given training to effectively acquire primary pricing information in the steel trade, assess prices in line with published methodology and effectively explain it to a global readership through writing. He or she will gain exposure through travel to engage with industry participants and contribute to research in pricing methodology.
- Gather, verify and record pricing and market information from primary sources
- Produce price assessments adhering to published methodology
- Write insightful market commentaries, generate analysis and news on a daily basis
- Engage with industry to build relationship with market participants
What We’re Looking For:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability and willingness to engage with market participants on a daily basis
- Ability to write reports from information gathered on a daily basis
- Desire to take ownership of a market in informational terms
- Experience in market reporting and analysis
- Strong command of written and spoken English, with fluent Mandarin ability preferred
- Critical thinking abilities, strong sense of initiative and attention to detail
- Experience in metals or other commodity markets a plus, but not necessary
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.platts.com
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.