S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Editorial Analyst, Markets & Deals Product Operations
The Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
The Impact: The analyst will primarily be responsible for writing insightful data-driven features and reports about the market data (estimates, pricing & derivatives, index and ratings), capital market data, merger & acquisition and corporate data (includes officers, events and compensation) of companies or industries SPGMI covers. He/she will be expected to have a high level of engagement in brainstorming sessions and will be responsible for generating new executable ideas that highlight interesting trends in their assigned regions. The ideal candidate will also possess strong verbal communication skills. He/she will be responsible for conducting client-facing webinars and trainings from time to time.
The Team / The Business: You will get an opportunity to work with a team who are all internationally minded experienced professionals within the markets and deals industry. We promote an open and collaborative work environment.
What's in it for You?: This is an exciting opportunity for you to be part of a dynamic team and you will go through an extensive training to develop your knowledge and skill sets. It’s a great platform to further develop and lead a successful career path within S&P Global Market Intelligence. The opportunity will give you a platform to demonstrate and further your analytical, research, communication and a report writing skills.
- Learn recurring workflow structure and applications/tools used by team
- Articulate dataset (we cover) trends; Collate data and write data-driven articles/reports on a target company, industry of a selective region
- Fact-check data
- Address external publication-related/research queries
- Work with internal stakeholders/teams on product enhancement initiatives
- Conduct webinars and trainings
- Collaborate with various SPGMI teams on ad-hoc projects
What We're Looking For:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Proficient in organization skill which includes
- High level of energy
- Unwavering attention to quality
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Deliver commitments autonomously
- Strong MS office applications (majorly MS outlook, MS excel and Word) skills
- Prior knowledge of sector would be an asset
- Desire and flexibility to learn, adopt and grow in a fast paced environment
- Dynamic personality and is passionate to work in collaborative and team culture
- Bachelor degree holder in commerce, business or accountancy
- Enrollment in the CFA program is desirable
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.