S&P Global Platts
The Role: Account Manager
The Location: Tokyo, Japan
The Team: 3 sales members including this AM. 2 members are senior roles called BDM.
The Impact: This role is responsible for managing about 200+ existing accounts of small to medium size, and developing new sales opportunities, coming both from existing and non-existing accounts. This role is very important when expanding corporate’s business outside the comfort zone, by hunting and identifying new needs from Never-used clients previously. By successfully working on this role, AM has a chance to take a bigger role called BDM (Business Development Manager) as a career path.
What’s in it for you: To be a successful applicant, company provides full training to learn about commodity and energy industry, provides domestic and overseas business trips, and the chance to deal with real industry people, and market leaders. We also provide lots of opportunities to network with various people domestically and internationally.
- Meets and exceeds the revenue quota assigned per each year
- Employs consultative sales techniques to manage renewals, generate new opportunities and drive growth
- Increase sales of new and non-benchmark services to new and existing users, divisions and locations
- Maintain good relationship with existing businesses
- Develop a country business plan together with BDM to grow existing clients, upsell and cross-sell, explore whitespace, hunt new sectors/market and develop new benchmarks
- Support BDM to generate proposal, do various types of analysis for large clients and respond to client inquiries while BDMs are travelling or when out of office
- Follow up on campaign, conference attendee lists, and new business logo leads
- Collaborate internally with customer support, marketing, channel sales and others; leverage other business units of S&P Global Inc. and externally with vendors and partners
- Provide monthly activity reports with feedbacks on clients and market developments when asked by manager
- Provides accurate sales forecast to achieve the given target
Ensures all leads, opportunities, activities, contacts, customers’ explicit needs, and buying cycle status are captured in CRM in a timely manner
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum 1-3 years of successful sales or relevant corporate experience, preferably in a commodity or any information provider business
- Degree and/ or other business discipline/ training
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Strong will to execute the decided plan, and to overcome the hardship along the way
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/tasks while working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong time management skills and results oriented mindset
- High proficiency in admin systems such as (Oracle, Sales Force CRM, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bilingual – Native level Japanese speaking is a MUST, with Business English level. Any official scores such as TOEIC are highly considered
- Broad knowledge of an energy and commodity industry
- Korean language speaking will be a bonus
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.platts.com
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.