S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: As part of the pioneer team here in the Manila sales office, you will primarily be responsible for generating new business opportunities in the Philippines across our core markets of Investment Banking, Private Equity, Commercial Lending, Insurance and Investment Management. This role will report to the Senior Sales Manager in charge of APAC who is currently based in Singapore.
The Impact: Help grow our market share through new business prospecting with new clients and identifying new business opportunities within our existing client base.
The Career Opportunity: Opportunity to build your sales experience with a strong global brand, obtain exposure to developed and emerging markets across the SEA region specifically the Philippines. Work closely and collaborate with senior sales colleagues to drive revenue growth and plan on key strategies to realize sales goals.
The Team / The Business: You will be part of a dynamic and energetic team all working together to achieve success. This role will predominantly work alongside a senior sales representative based in the Manila office.
Your Skills: Strong new business sales skills, preferably in the financial markets, exceptional skills in listening to clients, articulating ideas and complex information in a clear and structured manner, strong customer focus and a team player. Must have an exceptional ability to understand client needs and align them with the unique solutions our products provide. This would entail building and managing strong client relationships while continuously expanding client reach and network. This person should also have a good command of the English language to communicate effectively.
Our Hiring Manager says: “This is a critical role in helping us grow our footprint in a strategic market for our business. We are looking for a strong, confident sales associate with exceptional interpersonal skills for developing client relationships. Your innovative thinking will thrive in an agile, energetic and challenging work environment.”
- Work with senior sales representative to identify new business opportunities in the Philippines market
- Develop and nurture deep and strong relationships with client organisations, addressing their needs, and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. This includes timely end-user problem resolution, whether technical, product or content related
- Ability to carry out a client sales meeting, including ability to diagnose, design and deliver solutions for our clients
- Develop an exceptional understanding of, and stay current on, the S&P Global Market Intelligence products and functionality and their application to specific job functions
- Contribute to the business strategy through a deep understanding of industry, regulatory requirements, market trends and client requirements.
- Have an active pipeline that would translate to possible revenue for the organization
- Reach sales targets in order to meet business needs
- At least 5 years of sales experience working in the institutional financial markets
- Must have business development and lead generation experience in order to capitalize on new markets
- Those coming from the banking/Insurance/business intelligence industry with knowledge of web-based platforms would be an advantage but would not be required
- Analytical capabilities in the areas of credit risk, financial modeling and valuation analysis would be an advantage but would simply be a plus.
- Strong aptitude in learning the business and our products is highly desirable
- Strong communication, organization, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong personal integrity, confident and optimistic
- Entrepreneurial mindset; demonstrates drive, initiative, energy and sense of urgency
- Solutions-oriented; able to determine and associate client needs with our products
- Work effectively in a team-based environment as well as independently in order to reach sales goals
- Desire and flexibility to learn and grow in an ever-changing environment.
- A graduate of Finance would be an advantage
- Must be willing to work in our Makati office at a flexible regular shift
- Must be amenable to attend client meetings in the evening
- Open to travelling outside of the Philippines as required by the business
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
- At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.