S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: BI Data Warehouse Engineer
The Location: Charlottesville, VA, US
The Team: The SNLBanker implementation team implements and supports industry changing reporting software for community financial institutions. We are a self-motivated group who excel in solving problems and meeting the needs of our clients.
The Impact: SNLBanker is the industry's first reporting system that securely integrates data from several internal sources, such as a bank's core processor, general ledger, budget & profitability systems, CRM tools, and other systems to provide the insight needed to proactively run the bank.
What’s in it for you: You will be responsible for analysis, design, and implementation of BI platforms to support our customers. You will work closely with the decision makers of our client institutions (such as the CFO & CEO) to gather their requirements and deliver the best solutions. Your keen, critical eye will help you identify unique characteristics and needs of each client and build innovative technology.
- Effectively communicating with customers to collect business and functional requirements and translate them into the technical requirements.
- T-SQL development tasks, including building and maintaining stored procedures, views, and user defined functions.
- Implementation of automated ETL routines using SQL Server Integration Services.
- The construction and improvement of OLAP databases in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Prioritizing requests from clients and internal partners to meet their needs.
- Facilitating and support client calls and in-person/onsite meetings.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong proficiency with reading and writing SQL.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Basic grasp of relational databases and data models.
- Capable of running or handling multiple projects or deliverables.
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services.
- Experience with SQL Server Analysis Services (not a disqualifier).
- Experience working within financial institutions, especially banks and credit unions.
- Career focus on data science and business intelligence.
- Exposure to income statements and balance sheets is a plus.
Please note: You must be currently eligible to work in the US to qualify for this position.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.