The Role: Senior Specialist, Event Operations
The Location: 55 Water Street - New York, NY
The Team: The Global Events team is responsible for worldwide events for S&P Global’s top leaders and corporate functions. This high performing team values attention to detail, a can-do attitude and a collaborative spirit.
The Impact: Play a key role in developing and managing financial targets and operational guidelines for the Global Events team while ensuring high profile, quality events are produced for external and internal stakeholders. The Senior Specialist maintains multiple department budgets as well as event specific financial plans. Program and Financial Management are essential to the team and the Company.
What’s in it for you: The S&P Global Events team is seeking a Senior Specialist, Event Operations responsible for the day-to-day operations of a growing and dynamic events department. This position has accountabilities in financial and program management, analysis, tracking and reporting for strategic events, while simultaneously providing planning and logistical support for an active roster of high profile conferences. It is a highly visible, client facing role that involves leading programs and interacting with Board of Directors, Operating Committee and Senior Management.
- Financial Management and Event Budgeting – ensure accurate record keeping and proactively monitor and reconcile multiple budgets; code, process and track vendor invoices for payment in a timely manner (e.g. hotels, catering, etc.); maintain an organized filing system of receipts and expenses; post-meeting reconciliation, final financial reporting and cost analysis for the department and specific events
- Office Management – maintain inventory of necessary supplies and equipment and replenish as needed
- Executive Programs - distribute event calendars, handle requests and ticket distribution, catering needs and maintain post-event detailed log; conduct ongoing analysis of usage
- Oversee executive operations including daily management of staff (indirect report), pantry inventories, catering and maintenance, liaising with Global Real Estate Services as necessary
- Formulate strategies and seek active solutions for the improvement of processes/procedures
- Conduct competitive research and provide cost analysis as needed
- Develop and execute events and conferences: Includes site selection, registration, all print materials, transportation, accommodation, attendee communications, activities, theming/decoration, entertainment, gift selection, banqueting, audio visual, content supervision, speaker selection etc.
- Source, negotiate and manage contracts and vendors (i.e. DMCs, venue finding agents, venues, transportation, audiovisual, entertainment)
- Work with Director and event hosts to determine invitees and process, generate invitee lists and manage status reports through spreadsheets, databases or CRM platforms such as Marketo, Cvent, Eloqua, RegOnline etc.
- Work with design team to map out a consistent print and digital plan - specifically, creating and designing event/conference collateral, including save the date, invitation, speaker booklets, attendee lists, agenda and any other marketing material
- Organize program production, including audiovisual, staging, webcasts, video conferencing
- Manage all catering requirements – select menus, review and approve BEOs
- Coordinate shipping and distribution of all conference-related materials
- Management of speaker registration and related logistics to include: availability and schedules, accommodation, transportation, bios, and presentation materials
- Prepare and communicate written logistical specifications for the event/conference to the meeting venue
- Post event wrap up including final attendees, observations, suggestions for following year, surveys
- Oversee current databases and keep updated on venue developments/new venues
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree; 5+ years of experience in business related field
- Experience in corporate events planning and catering fields preferable
- Professional demeanor and effective client-facing abilities a must
- Strong project management, contract negotiation and organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Computer proficiency (i.e. Microsoft tools and applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Adobe); CRM platform experience a plus
- Ability to travel as needed and work a nonstandard schedule
- Flexibility in undertaking any other related duties
- Ability to make sound decisions on critical tasks independently
- Must take initiative and work cooperatively with business units and vendors
- Proven ability to maintain high level of confidential information
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.