S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: RA PHP/ SQL
The Location: BUENOS AIRES
The Ownership Team is one of the most complex team in MI. Its goal is to know who owns the public companies around the world therefore multiples sources from multiples countries are being reviewed on daily basis. In order to get that information, we use different financial documents which are in multiple formats (HTLM, PDF, XLSX, TXT, etc.).
The Project Innovation Office (PIO) is a Team dedicated to automate manual processes to get that information. We develop crawlers which are scripts to download the data then we need to extract the information from each document/page section to transform the data into a processable format.
Our team goal is to reduce the manual intervention from the ownership processes applying solutions with different technologies. So the impact to the client and to the business is considerable. We are focused in reducing the publication time of the info without losing any quality.
What’s in it for you?
- Since this team is not part of the Tech Team, we have a considerably freedom to propone technologies and new methodologies to work. We are always innovating with new ideas because we need to cover the necessities of the ownership team on demand.
- We use different technologies that could be applied in different projects. Data extraction, database manipulation and also development of a Webportal are activities which cross different industries.
- Constant training and learning.
- Automation is a priority for the Company therefore exist a solid demand of people with technical skills. Growth opportunities will depend of the proactivity of each person.
- Develop and maintain Macros in Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Develop and maintain parsers in PHP (data extraction)
- Develop and maintain crawlers (download data)
- Develop and maintain different databases (SQL)
- responsibility for the entire development, testing, and maintenance process
What we’re looking for:
- Logical-analytical Thinking
- Employment stability
- Creative Mind
- Ability to Work Independently and Within Groups
- Analyze User Needs
- Reporting Skills - Provide Reports as Necessary
- Troubleshooting Experience
- Keen Attention to Detail
- Keen to Maintain User Manuals and Training Materials
- Strong Oral and Written Communication
- Share Knowledge and Expertise with Fellow Team Members
The applicant should have experience in code development in one of the following languages (In order of preference):
- VBA + Excel Formulas, Pivots, etc. (reporting Skills)
- SQL / MySQL / MariaDB
Knowledge in web development is also an extra:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.