S&P Global Platts
The Role: Senior Automation Engineer
The Location: Hyderabad, India
The Team: The team works in Agile environment and adhere to all basic principles of Agile. As a Quality Engineer, you will work with a team of intelligent, ambitious and hard-working software professionals. The team is independent in driving all decisions and responsible for the architecture, design and development of our products with high quality.
- Achieve personal objectives and contribute to the achievement of team objectives.
- Assess the quality of the application trough automation scripts.
- Be part of Agile team, Integrate tightly within Agile teams by working hand-in-hand as code is produced.
What’s in it for you: Be part of a successful team which works on delivering top priority projects which will directly contributing to Company’s strategy. Drive the testing initiatives including supporting Automation strategy. This is the place to enhance your Testing skills while adding value to the business. As an experienced member of the team, you will have the opportunity to own and drive a project end to end and collaborate with developers, business analysts and product managers who are experts in their domain which can help you to build multiple skillset.
- He/She will be responsible for implementing automation frameworks to achieve "Continuous Testing” objective and facilitate quality delivery, increased efficiency, and reduced costs.
- Enhance, extend and maintain test automation libraries and frameworks, contribute towards creating scalable robust automation frameworks.
- Implement reporting procedures to effectively track test coverage for automated tests
- Ensuring that automated tests are integrated and execute reliably in the CI/CD environments.
- write clean, maintainable automation with maximum longevity
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Collaborate with project managers, business analysts, quality assurance and developers on project-level test automation and help identify candidates for inclusion in test automation.
- Create data sets to be used in test automation activities.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or computer science or relevant experience.
- Good Understanding of Selenium Web drivers/libraries
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Automation Testing using Selenium and coded UI
- 3 years of minimum Experience in automation testing web applications using Selenium/ Cucumber/Gherkin.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience with various testing methodologies and strategies: Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, etc
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience in testing web services (REST, JSON, and SOAP).
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills
- Good Programming skills in Core Java and C#
- Experience with source control tools such as Git, TFS and SVN
- Experience in documenting complex technical issues
- Good Team player and communication skills
- Ability to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly
- Ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple competing priorities
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Foundation Server test management tools, Visual Studio Test Professional and Microsoft Test Manager
- Understanding of relational databases and experience in creating SQL queries
- Experience in mobile and website security.
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.platts.com
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.