S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Paralegal
The Location: Charlottesville, VA and New York, NY, US
The Team: The team is composed of experienced legal professionals who understand the business intelligence industry. We value partnership and it is crucial that you are a great teammate in order to be successful within our organization.
- The Paralegal is primarily tasked with responding to internal client inquiries, providing substantive legal support to attorneys and contract negotiators, training the commercial organization on legal and contracting procedures, and assisting with special projects as needed.
- The work you do here will be used every single day by providing valuable support in the handling of legal matters and all aspects of contract process, preparation and databasing.
What's in it for you: The Paralegal will work in a dynamic, client-facing environment and will have the opportunity to work independently and be part of a legal team that provides crucial support to the organization.
- Provide substantive legal support to attorneys and contract negotiators, including assistance with drafting agreements and other legal documents
- Prepare and manage board resolutions
- Draft legal correspondence and other documentation related to vendor and customer agreements
- Train commercial team on internal licensing procedures and systems
- Participate in and/or lead special projects, including due diligence activities related to acquisitions and divestitures.
- Respond to legal support requests from internal business clients
- Navigate contracts database and other internal systems to obtain information on SPGMI’s contractual relationships.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent education and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a law firm or corporation in the area of practice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: be people oriented, collegial, and comfortable with frequent client-facing interactions (via e-mail, phone, and in-person).
- Strong verbal/written communication and business writing abilities.
- Ease with working independently but advancing issues as needed.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn quickly.
- Prior paralegal or business/legal affairs department experience
- Solid working knowledge of contract and intellectual property issues
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of assignments. Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Identifies problems and supports the solutions based on practices, existing precedents or procedures.
- Works within own team and interacts with other teams
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.