S&P Global Corporate
The Role: External Communications Manager
The Location: Hong Kong / Singapore
The Team: You will be a member of the S&P DJI external communications team. You will also work on regional and global projects as needed. You will provide back-up support to the other members of the team who are based in Hong Kong and at times- other targeted APAC countries.
The Impact: APAC is a key region for S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global at large. Our presence in Japan, China, Korea, and Australia, among other APAC countries is well-established, and we have a growth opportunity for our external communications in this region. You will strategically support and expand our thought-leadership position targeting these regions as well as partner with key, leading exchanges in the market we serve. You will also actively manage and grow journalist relationships in the region on behalf of S&P Dow Jones Indices, resulting in increased media placements in targeted press outlets. This is a highly visible role within S&P DJI and the company at large.
What’s in it for you: You will have a chance to work with the leading global index provider to develop and apply skills at both a tactical and a strategic level, and gain experience across the APAC region.
- Manage media relations activities, including developing relationships with members of the media, drafting messages, coaching spokespeople, pitching stories, garnering media placements and handling inquiries.
- Strategically promote thought leadership initiatives and index launches.
- Develop and lead outreach plans and media activities in APAC, including occasional travel as needed.
- Work closely with S&P DJI’s key thought leaders/ group leaders to develop comprehensive strategic outreach plans for key initiatives; ensure appropriate PR strategies are aligned with marketing activities.
- Work on ad hoc projects as needed
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Finance or a related subject
- 5-7 years of relevant public relations or corporate communications experience.
- Strong understanding of the financial markets and the role that index providers play.
- Able to deal with complex and sensitive media inquiries while managing multiple projects, tight deadlines, and crisis situations
- Willingness to travel and work NY hours when needed.
- Pre-existing, strong professional relationships with financial journalists from top tier publications.
- Fluent in English as well as one of the following: Mandarin Chinese, Standard Mandarin, or Cantonese
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
S&P Dow Jones Indices is the largest global resource for essential index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500®and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based on our indices than products based on indices from any other provider in the world. Since Charles Dow invented the first index in 1884, S&P DJI has become home to over 1,000,000 indices across the spectrum of asset classes that have helped define the way investors measure and trade the markets.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence.
For more information, visit www.spdji.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.