S&P Global Ratings
The Role: Site Reliability Engineer (DevOps)
The Location: Centennial, CO, USA
- As part of global team of engineers, deliver innovative and continuous highly reliable technology services.
- Strong focus towards developing shared integration services with automation and cloud enablement.
- Become an integral part of a high performing global network of engineers working from India, Denver, New York, London, and Singapore to help advance our technology.
- Involvement in Architecture and Development design reviews for new implementation and integration projects.
- Troubleshoot application related issues and work with infrastructure team to triage Major Incidents.
- Experience in analyzing/researching solutions and developing/implementing recommendations accordingly.
- Work with business users to understand needs, issues, develop root cause analysis and work with the team for the development of solutions and enhancements.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor / MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Strong Java knowledge including concurrency, JDBC, IO, exception handling, collections and annotations
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Experience with databases and SQLs
- Experience with application server and web server
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable applications
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience creating AWS services monitoring such as network, DNS, Route 53, direct connect
- Experience monitoring OS, middleware, and applications using cloud and on-prem tools
- Experience working with log aggregation, synthetic transactions, and external monitoring
- Experience improving application performance with APM
- Experience improving application performance with end user monitoring
- Proven working experience in Java development or support
- Linux environment and scripting
- Knowledge of REST API, JMS, ESB, IDM, DevOps (Artifactory , Jenkins), Agile, Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, Oracle, Ansible, Python, design pattern or ORM technologies
- Hands on experience in AWS is a big plus
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in maintaining focus and driving results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A strong background interfacing with multiple groups; ability to coordinate effectively, multi-task and manage pressure.
- Proven ability to work using different styles as needed to accommodate the situations encountered.
- Experience in assessing change impacts and the development of task estimates.
- Strong analytic, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Flexibility to work 8 hour shifts 5 days a week including occasional weekend work.
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.