S&P Global Ratings
The Role: S&P Global Ratings Data Governance Office is seeking a Senior Data Quality Director responsible for helping develop and champion a data quality framework, strategy, capability across all respective content areas.
The Location: New York, NY, USA
Responsibilities: The individual will be responsible for defining guidelines, principles, providing capabilities, as well as communication of best practices relating to data quality. In addition, the individual will be responsible for assessing the evolving holistic data landscape to enable transparency of data health, identify thematic data quality/lineage issues and develop remediation plans as well as champion resolution.
- Champion a data quality framework, capabilities, strategy and guidelines across the organization including consistency, uniformity and accuracy
- Assess data lineage within and across applications to identify deviation from strategy. Develop and execute remediation plans
- Assess data landscape to enable holistic view and expose and remediate quality gaps
- Provide guidance in strategic programs / project and activities to ensure the imposition of common data quality framework, guidelines, capabilities and practices
- Develop and enable data quality capabilities relating to controls, data profiling, quality assurance, and data lineage
- Optimize existing functions and launch new ones relevant to the data quality framework as well as the data quality vision & strategy
- Engage, partner with, and guide domains and other relevant stakeholders in the provision of the framework across all relevant domains
- Ensure appropriate business and technical stakeholders are involved in all aspects of the execution of the data quality strategy within and across the content areas
- Partner with technical teams to drive forward on data quality strategy and supporting capabilities
- Partner with the corporate / enterprise data teams to align strategies and corresponding capabilities
What We’re Looking For:
- Ability to understand and contribute to a data management strategy and all relevant components including governance, data / tech architecture, data quality and operations (with emphasis on data quality)
- Ability to understand and implement a metadata structure
- Ability to data profile and assess data lineage
- Ability to formulate informed opinions
- Ability to lead organizational and culture change
- Ability to influence strategic partners
- Ability to partner and resolve conflict by providing guidance, data oriented metrics and relevant details
- Ability to work independently on regular duties under general supervision, referring questionable cases to key stakeholders, supervisor or others
- Ability to demonstrate progression through tooling, metrics and scorecards
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems and execute a roadmap effectively
- Ability to examine data quality, applications, and functions to opine on role / function as well as recommend changes to enhance overarching framework and corresponding processes
- Responsible, conscientious, organized, self-motivated with ability to work, priorities and timelines with limited supervision under pressure and with a strong sense of urgency
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance
- 7+ years of work experience; 3 to 5 years data management, data governance, data quality or data stewardship experience
- 4+ years in a Data Quality Role
- Strong familiarity with Data Governance and Data Quality Tool Sets (Collibra, Informatica, etc)
- Strong Interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills required to work with a diverse, globally dispersed organization, often facilitating contentious or difficult dialogue with mutually successful outcomes
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Intermediate skill in database knowledge (SQL queries)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of domain structures, reference data elements, processes, and organizational support models
- Experience with data profiling as it relates to system usability, quality, and current usage
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.