S&P Global Corporate
The Role: The Operations Manager, Risk Management Operations will provide support to the Director of Enterprise Risk Management and the VP Risk Management of S&P Global. The role will mainly be responsible for providing key support for the administration of the Risk Management critical business processes including preparation of ERM Committee and Audit Committee materials, operational risk reporting, risk tool management, project execution, quality assurance and regulatory requirements. In addition, the role will also support risk management team members in strategic projects, due diligence activities and other critical ad-hoc deliverables.
The Location: New York, NY, US
- Work closely with the risk management leadership team to bring a rigorous, fact-based approach to issues and opportunities.
- Centralize and monitor all projects within the risk management organization, including project staffing and resource allocation.
- Support implementation of risk-wide processes, procedures, policies, and initiatives within the global function.
- For selected initiatives, create project plans and help to assemble / guide the applicable team through the stages to execute the approved initiative.
- Manage the plan to facilitate the risk self-assessment and country risk assessments. In addition manage tracking of any risk follow-up findings.
- Manage and administer risk management tool set and support implementation of new ERM tool.
- Develop and perform risk data analytics process from identifying data sources to delivering the analytical product.
- Help with the on-boarding of new hires to the risk management organization and facilitate training of risk management methodology and practices.
- Organize/facilitate Risk Management Leadership Team and risk staff meetings regularly.
- Maintain the Internal Audit Manual as process changes/enhancements are made.
- Support the preparation for Enterprise Risk Management and Audit Committee meetings and other key management reporting, including content development.
- Support risk management team members in strategic projects, due diligence activities and other critical ad-hoc deliverables.
Other Required Accountabilities:
- The role requires the ability to deal with a variety of different projects/initiatives concurrently to be a liaison between the VP of Risk Management, the risk management leadership team, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- This individual will also need to collaborate with others, build solid and sustainable relationships, and interact with all levels in the organization.
- Lead enterprise-wide change management projects/initiatives for global risk management organization to drive significant change to processes, policies, procedures, and technologies.
- 2-5 years industry experience; preferably Risk Management or consulting firm experience
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- In depth understanding of standard risk management processes
- Strong relationship building/maintaining skills
- Excellent oral & written communications skills; excellence in producing senior management reporting.
- Ability to plan, define, manage & deliver projects/programs and communications in a timely and effective manner
- Must display an ability to work effectively within the organization’s complex decision making and organizational structures.
- Must be articulate, confident, calm under pressure and possess strong influencing and change management skills.
- Requires strong project management skills and ability to bring multiple projects to successful and timely conclusions.
- Proficient in data analysis including conducting research, gathering a variety of internal and external information and synthesizing this information into a cohesive, concise analysis.
- Good business acumen, excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft products (Office, Word, PowerPoint).
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.