S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Business Analysts are responsible for end-to-end project delivery. They actively work on the scoping of proposed improvements, and works with Content Managers, Product Managers, or other Project Managers to turn business requirements into actionable developer specifications.
The Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
The Team: We are the premier provider of data feed products to the global investment community. As we continue to expand our coverage - not only in the US, but Europe and Asia as well - and improve our products and solutions, it is increasingly important to complement our premier services with an extraordinary organization of people. You will be working on Technical Projects alongside highly skilled and capable developers, testers product owners and UATs.
The Impact: This is an opportunity to serve in a vital role in our technology organization. In this role, you will utilize your strong problem solving skills to guide the team to deliver on both small and large projects.
What's in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to play the role of both Business Analyst and Scrum Master on a Scrum team.
- Explore a highly-rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards.
- Build and improve your skills by working with new technologies.
- Partner with Product Owners to develop technical requirements.
- Facilitate the Scrum team and related processes.
- Support our customers post release.
- Promote a team culture and environment.
- Facilitate end-to-end specification, development, testing, and release of assigned project work for our products.
- Utilize SQL to write custom queries, stored procedures and functions.
- Mitigate risk while handling tasks, resources, and changes.
- Senior BA work independently to provide for data transformation, testing, solving problems, and end-to-end user support needs.
- Learn how our clients will use the products we are creating and ensure that their requirements are met or exceeded.
What we're looking for:
- At least 8-10 years of experience as a business analyst in a technical environment
- Ability to clearly bring together and document product requirements
- Strong Critical Thinking and analytical skills
- Data modeling and SQL (required)
- Ability to quickly learn about new data sets and present data in a way that is clear to our users
- Communication skills (presentational, active listening, ability to build consensus, agreement and support across functions and at all levels)
- Experience working in large teams
- Experience of guiding and mentoring team members
- Prior experience working with global teams would be an advantage
- Understanding of the financial services industry is a plus
- Hands on experience of Agile methodologies(Scrum Framework)
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.