The Role: Senior Relationship Manager (Banking & Insurance and Non-Financial Corporate Team)
The Location: New York, Charlottesville & West Coast
The Impact: As the key partner for our clients, the Relationship Management team masters industry, product and financial knowledge to keep clients informed. You will get to work with interesting clients with in such sectors as Non-Financial Corporates and Banks and Insurance Teams. You will work with your clients to learn about the challenges and opportunities they face, and will discuss how Market Intelligence solutions can enable them to achieve value through their partnership within the organization.
The Team / The Business: Our team is composed of experienced professionals within the Non-Financial Services industry. We value partnership and it is crucial that you are a great teammate in order to be successful within our organization. We reward hard work, dedication, and self starters. We believe that no one part is more valuable than the sum of the whole; we need everyone to achieve our goals.
What's in it for you?: Traveling to client sites and working with a diverse range of professionals across the sector. You will also be incentivized and responsible for identifying new sales opportunities working alongside our Sales Executives.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Managing existing business base. Using relationships with large and complex existing accounts to grow and retain business and meet or exceed sales goals.
- Conducting regular status and strategy meetings with management to understand products and services needs.
- Identifying upsell opportunities from existing clients and new sales leads for revenue generation to promote business growth.
- Analyzing clients' business needs and develops solutions and product enhancements and new development opportunities to maintain and grow business.
- Maintaining awareness of market and industry trends to understand competitive environment. Participating in sales conferences and events.
- Coaching and mentoring junior team members on internal systems and policies/procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 6-8 years of consultative sales experience and broad industry knowledge.
- Ideally experience in a sales or a client facing role (inside sales, prospecting, sales support, customer support)
- Goal and action orientated, with ability to work towards revenue targets within a business development environment
- Experience in dealing with challenging situations, i.e. objection handling, overcoming gatekeepers, etc.
- Solid organization, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to engage a senior level audience
- Strong MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills are required, and any knowledge of CRM databases (such as Salesforce.com) would be advantageous
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.