S&P Global Platts
The Role: The Field Marketing Manager has responsibility for developing, executing and analyzing tactical marketing programs for regional markets, the successful candidate is responsible for being the expert on marketing vehicles (channels) and their effectiveness to attract, engage and retain key customers of Platts products and services on a regional and/or global scale.
The Location: London, UK
The Impact: The Field Marketing Manager will be closely aligned with the Platts sales team and is responsible for ensuring that they have the marketing tools necessary to achieve their sales revenue targets.
What’s in it for you: Success in this role relies on the ability to build collaborative relationships at multiple levels internally. A positive, upbeat approach and the ability to manage a number of simultaneous tasks and projects whilst remaining calm and focused are also key factors to successful performance.
- Develop regional/global marketing programs that are fully aligned to campaign objectives by working closely with the Product and Solution Marketing Manager, Program Manager, Content Marketing, Content and sales teams
- Become the expert in identifying the most effective channels, creating targeted and segmented programs and linking programs for full effectiveness in achieving objectives
- Plan and coordinate marketing campaigns to generate leads, retain existing customers, promote industry awareness/benchmarks, help strengthen the Platts brand and shorten the sales cycle. Tactics include online and offline marketing channels such as: direct mail, e-mails, video, telemarketing, webinars, exhibiting at and or sponsoring conferences, free trials, advertising, social media, etc.
- Create the regional/global campaign strategy including campaign content and plan.
- Create and maintain campaign briefs that can be shared with key stakeholders summarizing objectives, strategy, key messages, key offers and timing
- Launch and manager specific marketing programs following established process, brand standards and standards for quality as expected at Platts. This includes copy writing, project management, negotiations, budget reconciliation, internal communications and making adjustments as necessary.
- Ensure that A/B testing is done when and where appropriate for email campaigns, landing pages, etc.
- Taking specific responsibility for tracking spend by program and work with Product Marketing Managers to ensure programs are completed within budget
- Work with product marketing managers and finance to manage the program marketing budget
- Working with program managers to ensure that the project is done on time and performance measured
- Understand and navigate the CRM tool to understand the progress of a program from a sales perspective. Includes pipeline development, pipeline acceleration, close/won ratios etc.
- Assist product marketing to create customer case studies, collateral, testimonials, proposals and sales presentations to help solve specific customer problems
- This person will need to have the ability to analyze data to provide insight into the financial impacts of marketing activities.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong B2B marketing experience
- Experience in email demand generation
- Experience in ACM (Account Based Marketing)
- Proven ability to design and implement campaigns involving integrated multi-touch campaigns that involve the marketing of thought
- leadership assets along with a problem/solution approach.
- Expertise in balancing the desires of the stakeholders with the needs of the Platts business and the specific objectives associated with
- the marketing programs
- Knowledge of marketing products/services to the energy industry a plus
- Experience in persona-based marketing programs whereby identifying personas and using insights as part of building out a program.
- Experience within complex matrix structure often involving global stakeholders in various departments
- Knowledge of marketing subscription-based product lines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and comfortable communicating at any level
- Excellent organization and planning skills with an ability to manage multiple projects, delivering each on time
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.platts.com
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.